Community Meetup Johannesburg ( 20 - 24 March)

Hello,
I am a project manager at Cardano Foundation and will be in Johannesburg from the 20 - 24th of March.
I hope to meet up with passionate people from the community who live in this part of the world.

I will send an agenda, venue, date and time closer to the time.

Anthony Meyer

4 Likes

Hello Anthony

I would love to meet-up. We have a super community in South Africa and I know a number of Cardano projects and individuals would be keen to join. Ill be happy to host the event as Im sure it will be difficult for you traveling. We could even make it more structured as there are a few important things happing in Cardano to peope will wamt to talk about and have questions on.

2 Likes

Good day Anthony

This is a great move from Cardano Foundation. Thanks for the Cardano Foundation for making the Johannesburg Summit 2022 a success.

We will be looking up to learning a lot from you. May you help email us the details and we will be available to host and help where needed.

1 Like

Hello @JaySA,

This is really exciting news!
The meet-up will be a regular table where we can get to know each other and discuss Cardano in South Africa. i also hope that when we leave, we can create a structure for more community events in South Africa.
Please get in touch with me at my email address so we can finalise the meeting.

Regards,

Anthony.meyer@cardanofoundation.org

Hello @wimscardano,

Thank you for the response.
I look forward to meeting you and hearing about what you are busy with.

The meet-up will be a regular table where we can get to know each other and discuss Cardano in South Africa. I also hope that when we leave, we can create a structure for more community events in South Africa.
Please get in touch with me at my email address so we can finalise the meeting.

Regards,

Anthony.meyer@cardanofoundation.org

This is great.
I’d also love to join if I’m able.

inversion.dev

1 Like

Is there any further news on this event?
Anthony, I did mail you too.

It might be a good idea to not schedule the event for 20 March, as there might be transport complications due to the planned national shutdown.

National shutdown planned for next week – what you need to know (businesstech.co.za)

2 Likes

Thank you. I have sent you an email. Let’s communicate.

1 Like

Great, let’s have all Johannesburg dwellers meetup with Anthony and build a great Cardano Comunity

1 Like

Awesome https://inversion.dev/cardano/

2 Likes

Hi @Jacques,

Thank you for the message and the heads up. Apologies for the delayed message. I have been delayed in my travel.
I will get back to your email shortly.
Hopefully, we can make the meetup happen despite the shutdown.

Regards,

Anthony

Hello @wimscardano ,

Thank you for your message, and apologies for the delayed response, I was slightly delayed in my travels.
I will reach out to you by email and hopefully, we can arrange a meetup shortly.

Regards,

Anthony

Hello @wimscardano , @jfbosch & @JaySA

Thank you all for reaching out to me and attempting to make an effort to meet.
Sadly due to the risk of unrest in South Africa on Monday, my trip was delayed, which led to 2 fewer days in the country.
I am so disappointed that I never managed to meet you and discuss all things, Cardano.

I appreciate you reaching out to me, and I will be in Rosebank on Friday morning if anyone is available for a coffee? If not, I will set up a virtual call in the future so we can have a virtual meeting.

Hi Anthony.
Would have been great to meet up, but no worries.

For sure, let us do the virtual call.

Unfortunately, I am booked up on Friday morning, so wouldn’t be able to come through for the coffee.

I’d also love to tech base with other South Africans about Cardano.
@wimscardano , @JaySA, (and others), please feel free to drop me a mail to info@inversion.dev if you are keen to do a quick call to touch base.