Contest! Vote on your favorite user submitted quote that correlates to Cardano or crypto

• Submission period is over -

Guidelines for quote submission are as follows.

1. Quote must be from a source that is 10 years older than the start of bitcoin

2. A brief description on how the quote can draw a correlation to crypto must accompany your submission.

3. Submission must be posted by a deadline of September 13th 9:00 pm GMT+1 (London Time)

The voting period will last for 48 hours and end on September 15th at 9:00 GMT+1, you can invite people from other platforms to come vote for your submission to build your votes :slightly_smiling_face:

This is to be a light spirited contest for fun, if you can apply a quote to Cardano or crypto in any way feel free to participate! (Participants will be added to poll)

There will be a 250 Ada prize! :slightly_smiling_face:

• Eystein_Hansen
  • werkof
  • Jotunn
  • canopus
  • bmortonsolomon
  • rickymac
  • SeanAlimov
  • HisMajesty
  • Aristodemos
  • Mrflyinw
  • Tuoyo07

0 voters

• Seven
  • MartinMKD
  • Donnybaseball
  • Infin8
  • CrunchyLeaf
  • Upwardbound
  • agcxbt
  • TofuStranger
  • ADA_Fan
  • locopinha
  • Macha_Goedegebure

0 voters

Forum tools only allow for 20 options in a poll so I needed to split them up and add 2 polls, good luck to the winner! Please vote on only one box, if two votes from the same user are observed then both votes will be disqualified if the user does not specify who they actually want to win by the end of the voting period.

4 Likes

The following is my own submission (hope it helps serve as an example of sorts).

The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.- Helen Keller

This correlates to the price of cryptocurrency and how the price of bitcoin is up and down all the time, its also my favorite quote that I apply to life in general.
Can also be applied to the up and downs of developing a platform such as :cardano: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Advice I follow in my own life everytime I try to help someone with the knowledge I have, and that would serve well for Cardano with its theoretical framework that is still far from implementation.

3 Likes

I know that I know nothing
is the Socratic paradox.

Many of us should find ourselves in one of these phases

4 Likes

Who voted?? I inserted the poll so that everyone knew what was going on and how the votes would be tallied, yet all entry’s are not in yet so please hold on to your vote for awhile, and thanx for voting for me! :slightly_smiling_face:

I would say that almost everybody are in the second phase.:slight_smile: Check Dunning-Kruger effect, Perceived Knowledge and Illusory superiority.

In a survey, 87% of Master of Business Administration students at Stanford University rated their academic performance as above the median.

It cannot be true.

3 Likes

“I am so Americanized that I can walk in the streets without raising my head to look at the skyscrapers. I sit in a restaurant on very high chairs like in futuristic movie sets and use a straw to sip ‘fruit cocktails.’ The only thing left for me is to rise, which I am doing with my characteristic straight-line decisiveness.” ~ Ayn Rand

The crypto market has stopped looking up it has become “Americanized.”
The only thing left now is for Cardano to rise, through its specific leadership.

5 Likes

:smile:

This reminds me of a joke that one of my professors shared in a computer science class.

The university awards you a bachelors degree when you begin to think that you know everything.

It grants you a Masters when you demonstrate that you realized that you know nothing.

It grants you a Ph.D. when you prove that you know nothing and neither does anyone else.

7 Likes

Endless money forms the sinews of war. — Cicero

Fiat money= war. Ada= love.

7 Likes

“At the end fiat money returns to its inner value - zero.”

-Voltaire

5 Likes

“THAT’S NOT QUITE RIGHT, I BELIEVE YOUR CONJECTURE IS SLIGHTLY ORTHOGONAL TO REALITY”
Duncan Coutts PhD
1E43F59C-F7E3-4F7A-8A79-37470BE8089B

ORTHOGONAL
Used to describe two things that are independent of each other. One does not imply the other.

CONJECTURE
an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

A brief description on how the quote can draw a correlation to crypto:
The correlation that I’m drawing pertains to voting on the :cardano: blockchain. Charles himself has said that “the voting system needs to be built in a way that could sleigh the demon of rational ignorance.” Charles has mention in one of his talks that his family has been in healthcare for 70 years, and have devoted their lives to becoming domain experts in this field.Their vote counts exactly the same as his vote does, and as does the hobo on the street that has never though of it. “What is the incentive as a regular everyday citizen to get that level of mastery and expertise about that topic if the reward at the end of the rainbow is that you get the same privilege. The incentive to be informed on the things we are voting on has to be less than the value.”

• not sure if the quote satisfies the first guideline
  1. Quote must be from a source that is 10 years older than the start of bitcoin

Another quote that can be used with the same correlation;
“Men give me credit for some genius. All the genius I have lies in this; when I have a subject in hand, I study it profoundly. Day and night it is before me. My mind becomes pervaded with it. Then the effort that I have made is what people are pleased to call the fruit of genius. It is the fruit of labor and thought.”

Alexander Hamilton

1 Like

Interesting point I fully agree, but you’re also right: This quote is not old enough.
However I’m sure there is something that can be found in our history covering this expert-voting topic.

Yep, I guess this can work as well;

“Men give me credit for some genius. All the genius I have lies in this; when I have a subject in hand, I study it profoundly. Day and night it is before me. My mind becomes pervaded with it. Then the effort that I have made is what people are pleased to call the fruit of genius. It is the fruit of labor and thought.”

Alexander Hamilton

1 Like

That sounds also really fitting when you replace the original author with “the Cardano R&D team”.

1 Like

More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth.

4 Likes

German:

Wir, die guten Willens sind
geführt von Ahnungslosen
versuchen für die Undankbaren
das Unmögliche zu vollbringen

Wir haben so viel mit so wenig
so lange versucht, dass wir jetzt
qualifiziert sind, fast alles
mit nichts zu bewältigen.

We, the ones with goodwill
lead by the clueless
try to accomplish the impossible
for the thankless

We’ve tried so much
with so little for so long
that we’re now qualified
to cope with almost everything
with nothing.

Correlation to Crypto:

1. Satoshi and all fellow programmers had a vision in their minds. This vision wasn’t driven by money or power or materialism. It was to solve a problem. Unselfishly. They were the goodwill incarnation.

2. People of power usually get advice of whats cool and what not. Almost no intrinsic interest is detectable in the leaders of most countries. Same goes for the masses of the people. Information overflow with trash tv and youtube start page. The clueless

3. Virtual money is a vision. It empowers the ordinary people and gives them their dignity, freedom, self-determination back. On the other hand it can fuel another industrial revolution. The revolution of the people with good sense. Who want to live peaceful and in harmony with mother nature. The Impossible

4. Traders, FUDers, Neurotics, Impatient, When-Stake-ers - The ones who don’t care about the greater mission. The ones who want to make a quick buck to satisfy their emotion but don’t fathom that good things need patience, and hope and the resilience against pain to grow into something unique. The Thankless

5. It took 10 Years to come to this point. And people are still gloomily. The brightest minds around the world are trying to solve the puzzle of staking. Will it be a bearded man from Georgia who will finally solve it? How will we remember him? The Edision of Crypto? Satoshi is the Einstein of Crypto - that’s for sure. Tried so much

6. It weren’t banks. It weren’t corporations. It weren’t multi-million dollar businesses who created and grew crypto. It were some nerds. Some geeks who lived in the basement of their mother, don’t realizing that they are going to change the world forever. They used their laptops and old graphics cards to mine bitcoin. Not supercomputers at some unknown test site.
    It is just a few lines of code which can change the world. So Little

7. Everybody said it was a scam. Don’t do it. The first ones tried to transfer some money to Japan to buy some coins at Mt. Gox. It took weeks and tons of patience to get it on. The Crypto people had so much patience. When their accounts got hacked, when their coin lost most of its value. I’m in of the tech - and if I get rich on the way to winning - good. Who knew what the internet would be in 1995? Did you imagine that you can buy some tokens, transfer them to your favourite camgirl and make the egg in her panty vibrate? You did? You nerd. For so Long

8. There is no college who trains blockchain artists. There is no course you can major in “How to change the world”, there is no roadmap of how did the ancestors build their blockchain. You have you. And you have hope. Hope for good leadership. Hope for good judgement and to match the future needs. We’re now Qualified.

9. Doesn’t matter if the price drops to 0.00. We won’t sell. We believe in crypto. In my country there is fear because of the possibility of the government to ban cash. I feared this to. But not anymore. With crypto you can keep your paper. The blackout, the hyperinflation, the war can come - because there was a second thing created to what nobody can’t take from us. To cope with almost Everything

10. To make it work, we don’t need much. Bank the unbanked.
    Fish for your village and you will make them survive. Teach them how to fish and they will never starve again.
    There isn’t much we need. No big coorperations. Only some guys in a decentralized network who gain more sustainability than a 105 Year old institution. But we’re all alone with the responsibility. This should make us humble. We should think about whats right. And what not. And we should take a deeper look into things if they seem to be easy. Finally we should choose the path of asceticism. At least a little bit. With Nothing

Sources

http://www.matthiasbader.net/Spr�che.html

http://www.a-ilius.de/Zitate/Arbeitsleben/arbeitsleben.html

http://www.rinneberg.de/spruche.htm

The original Source is unknown

6 Likes

I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever.

Albert Einstein

ADA is universal for all, no boundries.

6 Likes

Being present in each moment as it comes by,
Hearing even my own heartbeat,
Even now in the midst of silence,
Most people are scared of this journey.
Without the slightest idea of how breathtaking it would be.
It’s an experience that knows no bounds.
What better way can we stay CONNECTED.
Even to ourself,
In a decentralized manner of thoughts.
A feeling backed by multiple powerful yet energetic emotions.
A gateway to millions of untapped ideas.
Welcome to a more secure and trustworthy state.
Welcome to CARDANO

9 Likes

Like a lonely mountain peak, or rather, like the spire of a cathedral, rise the men of high talent and of genius above the broad mass of mediocrity. The number of the highly gifted is at all events so small that it is impossible that ‘many’ such can have been kept back in lower classes through the incompleteness of social institutions. --Otto Ammon

I will not mention the high probability of Cardano’s success compare to other Blockchains. Emphasize your thoughts on Cardano’s economic traits and the projects ability to bring out quality talent.

3 Likes

“640K is more memory than anyone will ever need.” - Bill Gates

5 Likes