Ok all you word weirdos and perverted puzzle people, it has been a while coming, but it’s time for the Cryptic Crypto Conundrum Caper #4!
Find below 24 clues that, when solved, will give 24 words that, you guessed it, unlock a wallet loaded with a lazy 100 ADA. Not enough to raise your stake by much but hey, one day it will be worth a fortune right?
Cryptic clues work like this: they contain a literal meaning, just like a normal crossword clue, but also another cryptic clue which is a play on words. Once you solve it you can be pretty certain you’ve got it right because you have two similar meanings or words. The clues’ construction however makes them tricky. Their nonliterality, if there is such a word, can distract your mind and make them fiendishly difficult. Search online for some techniques to solve them.
Anyway, here goes…
- Make professional juice. (7)
- Arm US federal soldiers. (4)
- Utilise many uniforms. (3)
- Delicate, French and nimble. (7)
- Way inside the lilac cesspit. (6)
- Reverse xenon to alter a trade. (8)
- A grin is a mixed-up slime. (5)
- Arouse the former vision. (5)
- The first high mountain laugh. (5)
- Dam delta is strange. (5)
- Papa, amend the oar. (6)
- Bravo, the final explosion! (5)
- Tea set stirred a landholding. (6)
- Testament found in snow illegally. (4)
- A scrambled timer has good. (5)
- In a sly mob there is a sign. (6)
- Aware, ‘ale and arty. (5)
- Serve on the seventh note Raymond. (4)
- Honest-to-goodness Gene, uni is mixed up. (7)
- A pearly white is also Thorium. (5)
- Apis and my primitive mind make an offer. (3)
- Embrace energy to get massive. (4)
- Exhaled edge. (4)
- My mother sewed them, it’s in my blood. (5)
Search through old posts to find #1, #2 and #3. They might help you get the vibe of the clues. Apparently they can succumb to brute force… boring!
I can post some tips if people are finding it too hard. Also, if no one is smashing it, I can transform the clues into a crossword format and post a link. I’ll give you all a week or so first…
Once you crack it, the spending password is charleshoskinson.
To check the balance go to:
In the interest of hopefully giving others that “Aha!” feeling, please post the solution after you have collected the ADA.
When Goguen launches I’m gonna knock my brains out trying to make an automated Cryptic Crypto Conundrum Caper Competition, hopefully with higher stakes.
Good luck and cheers,