Crypto is for girls

If Crypto is going to re-create and re-distribute wealth, and live up to all it’s promises of a less corrupt, and more fair society… how come it looks like a transition from the ‘old boys club’ to the ‘young boys club’ ?

If we want to create a fair and just future society, shouldn’t we try to get more women involved with Crypto and Cardano?

Perhaps Ada Lovelace would make a great valentines gift this year…

3 Likes

Thats funny ,I am still trying to get my wife to open up a Coinbase account, but no luck yet, however I do open up my wallet every night just to look at that Ada and when I do I get giddy like a little girl.:star_struck::joy:

1 Like

Short answer, no.

Long answer, it depends on what you consider “fair” and “just.” Warren Buffet isn’t investing in Crypto… is he therefore being left out / disadvantaged? He just has completely different goals and circumstances from us, and no need or want to be involved in cryptocurrency.

This applies to all people… The question is, what do you want to accomplish by buying or working on crypto? And do hypothetical generic women have the same objectives?

From the Whycardano website:
"our hope is to provide a vision for what a self-evolving financial stack should look like for jurisdictions that lack them. The ultimate reality of cryptocurrencies is not that they will disrupt the existing legacy financial systems. Legacy financial systems are always capable of absorbing change and maintaining their form and function.

Rather one ought to look to places where it is simply too expensive to deploy the existing banking system, where many live on less than a few dollars a day, have no stable identity and credit is impossible to find.

In these places, the power to bundle a payment system, property rights, identity, credit and risk protection into a single application running on a cell phone is not just useful, it is life changing. The reason we are building Cardano is that we feel we have a legitimate shot at delivering — or at least advancing — this vision for the developing world."

If the objectives are ending hunger, reducing suffering, and having empathy for other human beings, then I would say yes “hypothetical generic women” have the same objectives.

1 Like

However, there is currently far fewer women working in the tech industry then men, so I’m suggesting men can help change this and reach out to women and try to get them interested in the overall vision of the technology and why it is important, as opposed the less interesting technical aspects. I believe many people, not just women, find blockchain tech boring because they don’t understand the true potential and the end goal of many of the projects in the space.

I’m here to 1) make money, and 2) overthrow the financial ruling class. Which will make the world a better place.

Overthrowing the aristocracy doesn’t require specific genitals, nor do you have to code Haskell to benefit from the lawless wasteland that will follow the end of Wall Street.

Now, women can definitely benefit as end users. And to the extent they are investors/developers they are welcome to profit if they want. But when you control for percent of female developers and investors, I have no idea if women are underrepresented, overrepresented, or whether crypto is to their benefit. This whole thing could crash to zero. Taking that kind of risk for the potential of a needlessly large reward doesn’t fit with typical female financial strategy.

2 Likes

https://www.chipin.com/women-cryptocurrency-blockchain-bring-on-the-revolution/?utm_content=bufferc5ad0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Aside from the attempts at Social Justice Geometry, which is inferior to ZFS, the author clearly doesn’t understand key blockchain tech issues, such as what a whitepaper entails:

“ICOs too present increased opportunities for female engagement in the space, given that they are less dependent on the traditionally male-dominated careers related to coding and instead stand or fall on their whitepapers – in other words, effective communications, a professional realm where women have greater penetration.”

Dr. Jemma Green is the cofounder and Chariman of Power Ledger(POWR).
Nadine Damblon is CEO of Hydrominer.
Ada Jonuse is CEO of Lympo.

Women are involved in Crypto and it’s a society of equal opportunity. It’s a question of who’s up to take the opportunity.

1 Like

I think gender equality is not the issue here.

Hehe @Archon_Gab.ai
strangely I find this
“Taking that kind of risk for the potential of a needlessly large reward doesn’t fit with typical female financial strategy.”
as being rather insulting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I really appreciate this “random” thread. What a time we’re living in right now! One thing we truly lack in tech is real diversity. Diversity in perspective based on life experience. Women should be “table stakes” if the ideals are to create a system for smart sustainability and maximum dimension.

Also, the crypto currency is named after Ada Lovelace, no? Is that just a tip of the hat or something more meaningful?

2 Likes

I did not know this, and I have a small bag of Power Ledger