Daedalus Wallet - Safety Question

Hey! CardanoCommunity!
I’m a newcomer soon to be 2weeks old. But I’ve been reading and studying up a lot and the more data I absorb the more involved I feel.
Thank you all for being open.

So onwards to my question.
What happens for safety reasons if I decide to delete my wallet from the Daedalus Interface while I am staking ADA ?
Does the funds stay delegated, do they still keep running epoch’s and I’ll still be able to receive passive income? Or do they get frozen in the air ?
If they stay delegated, would having this ‘‘invisible’’ wallet be a good strategy? Yes you would have a harder time tracking/managing your assets. But they would not be as visable as if I had an active wallet on Daedalus Interface?

Please give me your opinion and insight!

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Have a good day everyone

Hello Reis,

Welcome on board! I am happy to hear that u decided to be part of this amazing project!

Once you delegated, ADA will remain delegated till your next action… this means you can even uninstall daedalus… ADA still delegated :slight_smile:

PS: more than that, your rewards will be delegated automatically.

Cheers,

1 Like

What happens for safety reasons if I decide to delete my wallet from the Daedalus Interface while I am staking ADA ?

• As long as you have your recovery phrase safe you are ok to delete the wallet. All you need to do is use that to restore wallet if you need to. However, it is recommended that you keep check up on the pool you delegate to.

Does the funds stay delegated, do they still keep running epoch’s and I’ll still be able to receive passive income? Or do they get frozen in the air ?

• Yes it stays delegated, however if you do not check on your pool regularly you may lose rewards because pool is saturated, retired, not operated well (missed blocks ) etc.

If they stay delegated, would having this ‘‘invisible’’ wallet be a good strategy? Yes you would have a harder time tracking/managing your assets. But they would not be as visable as if I had an active wallet on Daedalus Interface?

• You could use a ledger, trezor for added security. Also you should also keep in mind that you need to get additional rewards for voting in project catalyst.
1 Like