Old bloke needing help with staking šŸ„¹

I wondering if you guys could help me with regards to the Daedalus Wallet and staking. I see there are a few guides but I just wanted some clarity as Iā€™ve got an issue that seems a bit strange, but Iā€™m missing something obvious.

Iā€™m running Daedalus 5.3.0. and have my ledger device paired with the Daedalus wallet.

I was staking a while back and decided to stop and transfer my balance to an exchange. I thought at the time that Iā€™d stopped staking.

What seems to have happened is that main wallet has no ada and all the Ada is in the reward account. I seem to still be generating rewards all be it small amounts. I appear to still delegating/staking to EDEN (Garden Pool) stake pool.

The option to Redelegate is there and it tell me I need at least 10 ADA to do so.

I essentially want to clear the wallet eg wallet rewards.
I donā€™t use Daedalus anymore.

So am I correct in assuming that first Iā€™ll need a little ada in the wallet to eventually transfer my balance from the rewards wallet and in order to discontinue using the staking pool and not receive award I just next to click on the re delegate option to stop using Eden.

I read something about retiring the reward wallet or something like thatā€¦ Is that a thing?

Sorry if this has been asked countless times before but Iā€™m getting on a bit and all this tech stuff is rather confusing. Cue the violin :smiley:

So how do I go stopping the staking and remove the funds

Hope you guys can help

Daedalus still has not implemented undelegating and stopping staking (https://github.com/input-output-hk/daedalus/issues/2367 requested for more than three years now).

And it needs a horrible amount of resources.

You can just pair your Ledger with any light wallet: https://developers.cardano.org/showcase/?tags=wallet
Eternl or Typhon are good.

This will control exactly the same wallet. It is not moving anything. It is just controlling the same wallet with another software.

Eternl has ā€œUnstake wallet / Deregister walletā€ in the wallet settings, Typhon has ā€œDeregisterā€ in the staking section (in the expanded view). And, yes, you need a few non-reward ADA in the wallet to be able to execute that.

Thank you HeptaSean, short and concise :grinning: