Daedalus Wallet Stuck on "Connecting to Network"

@markljenkins his solution worked for me as well. I’m on Windows10

• uninstall Daedalus
  • i deleted the entire folder from C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus
  • redownloaded installer from https://daedaluswallet.io/#download
  • reinstalled (no errors, never had any but just made sure :slightly_smiling_face:
  • opened Daedalus

and now it’s syncing again… how it keeps working! strange though… didnt change any timesettings or anything…

@Godspeed Did it several times, it completes the sync then asks to create or restore wallet.
Mine get stuck after trying to restore a wallet and after restarting daedalus will show the usual “connecting to network”

@norcino well, i created a new wallet, to gift some ADA to a friend… i deleted it to try and restore it… i had the same thing. Restoring took ‘forever’ so i cancelled it and then i couldn’t connect anymore…

did you do something similar before it stopped working for you? it’s still working for at least 2 of my friends, but on my home desktop and work laptop it doesnt… even on different networks (doesnt matter since it wants to connect to 127.0.0.1)

@Godspeed I tried to move the data folder containing the blockchain to another partition. My C: drive is an SSD drive and I wanted to use an HDD to store all blockchains I have for various wallets.
I never managed to get it working, so I reverted my changes, reinstalled everything and deleted appdata folder but no success, no Idea.
Just to give you more info that might be useful to find common patterns, in my machine I normally have CPU and GPU mining active, but I don’t think that this would cause the wallet to get stuck for hours… also because I have plenty of CPU power available even while mining.

thank god i bought mine on a exchange and there still there … looks like il just sell off what i have until they sort this out , sort it out fast people need this working

Three times i uninstalled , deleted all file from Appdata and installed. Always giving me “Unable to connect” failure. Cant even restore my wallet. My coins stucked at wallet. What a headache. Please solve this problem. I had to stop investing more, i dont wanna keep coins at market.

Same here, also deleted for the third time now. Cleared all AppData. When i restore my wallet, the programm hangs… Afterwards stuck in “Connecting to network…”

Same problem I have guys! Do you know if I reinstall my wallet after the update, will it ask me to restore my passphrase.

Here is my thread, if anyone could shed some light I would appreciate it!

You might have the problem I had. For some reason, trying to install in a directory other than the default directory didn’t work for me on Windows.

Okay same problem here. I had heard so many great things about the Cardano technology and team. They have a wallet that doesn’t work?! Really?! I’m selling my Cardano… This is just stupid. I don’t trust a team that can’t debug their own wallet!!

…b-bye…

1 Like

Did you get your coins back by any chance.

Dan
Yes sir. Actually after I rebooted my laptop, everything showed up nice and neat as usual. Thank you very much with the follow up.
Best Regards
Jacob

d1n95l1010
December 20 |

Did you get your coins back by any chance. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

SnakeEyes
December 7 |

Greetings, I Am Having Trouble With My Tokens Not Showing Up In My Daedalus Wallet. I Sent Tokens Yesterday And The Day Before And It Worked Fine. Today No Such Luck. I Have Double Checked The Wallet Address Multiple Times And Its A Match. 1000 Ada missing. Please assist. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I had the “Connecting to network…” message from very the start. Installed/Uninstalled a couple times. Synced the PC time. I rebooted once, and that seemed to get the block sync process going. I had managed to get into the wallet only one time, but then not again.

My work-around is to connect to the internet by cell phone as a hotspot (Pixel, Verizon). I went back and forth two times to verify – home ISP router was a no-go – the hotspot works. I brought two transfers in from Bittrex, about 30-second transaction times.

Thanks so much Godspeed. You method worked so anyone using Windows 10 should follow his method.

i have got the same problem. I tried to restore my wallet with the recovery phrase.

So what now ? If something happens with my hdd the recovery phrase not useful ?!

my solution:

change clock and date setting --> Internettime --> change setting --> [enable] sync with internet time server

I moved my HUGE log files that were full of errors to my desktop, started up Daedalus again and it connected right away and started to sync, will let you know how it goes from here…thanks for the tip on the log files

I’m also having this problem.

I tried deleting the entire ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus directory, but that didn’t seem to help.

Is it synchronizing with the blockchain when it says “Connecting to Network”? If so, why is there no progress bar?

I want to report a similar issue.

It started out all fine. Installed okay, even transferred a good bit of currency to my wallet.

But when I tried to transfer out, my transactions got stuck. For days. I checked on the blockchain for the transaction id’s, “transaction does not exist”. So my wallet didn’t even get past the first initiation stages of sending the transaction before getting stuck.

So I read the FAQ, which suggests deleting and recovering your wallet to resync it or something. Did that, but the wallet got stuck while recovering my wallet, so, I reloaded.

Still no wallet. So I tried to recover again, and it says my wallet already exists. Great. Cool.

Tried again and again. No avail.

So I uninstalled, reinstalled, synced time, running now, “connecting to network”.

This is the worst. I just want my money back.

That’ll teach me to put so much down on a brand spankin new project again.

Currently searching my PC for any files or folders with the name “daedalus” to delete and then try a fresh install.

Gonna do a hard reboot and sync up the time and whatnot before I try to reinstall/sync.

Will update as this goes.