Daedalus wallet

Ok, got it working by deleting the DB-1.0 folder and restarting. All set now

I use a Mac and have not been able to open Daedalus for about three days. I have followed all of the instructions on the FAQ regarding time settings, I have completely deleted and reinstalled the wallet, I have sent logs to the company. Does anyone have any ideas?

@ryanlpwest Which OS are you running? Sometimes, simply restarting your computer helps. I also sometimes encounter difficulties launching Daedalus. I believe they are working on an update to fix it.

My advice, restart your computer, then open Terminal ( CMD+ SPACE BAR and type Terminal) as administrator and type the following:

open -a daedalus.app

Then press Enter

Let me know if it works, for me it did.

Thanks, CosmosX, for a quick response. I am running OS High Sierra version 10.13. I tried your suggestion but Daedalus is still stuck on “Connecting to network…”

I have tried restarting many times, and I followed their FAQ instructions regarding time settings. At this point I am compelled to try it on a different computer and recover my wallet there.

Have they stated when an update will be released for the wallet?

I have no idea. Maybe a competent dev like @jfonseca can help you.

Otherwise @jonmoss might be able to give us info on a potential Daedalus update ?

I can’t delete the db1, it kept saying the folder is open somewhere else… do you know why?

Make sure the Daedalus wallet is not running when you try to delete it

Maybe this will help IOHK statement: connecting to network issue

2 Likes

yeah I made sure nothing is running. even restart the computer first before
I delete anything. still saying the same thing. weird

Can’t understand why any moderator or team member assisting as from Devs team… i hope wallet should not be a big deal to get it fixed right away… for such a huge entity.

My wallet is not opening only, it is just showing WHITE INTERFACE after clicking Daedalus wallet’s desktop icon. Anyone from Devs Please us.

thanks.

I got the same problem as you, stuck at syncing blocks at a certain percentage, but I dont have the folder DB-1.0… I have this problem now a couple of days, the percentage is not stuck, it go lower…

I had this 2 times. I just waited like 30 - 35 min. I was restoring my wallet.

The whole situation is becoming very scary. If the Tech Team can’t resolve these wallet issues they should simply partner with people that are good. I have been using Exodus wallet for nearly 2yrs and i haven’t had any issues. I just downloaded Daedalus wallet and after 3days its been stuck at connecting to network for days. In as much as i do not feel safe leaving my coins on bittrex I think it’s the best option as the daedalus wallet has been nothing but a disappointment.

1 Like

Hello everyone I had problems with my pc waleet too ,win 10 / 64 bit, stuck in blue page connecting to network i uninstall the wallet and reinstall it and works like a charm with no problem. We know every time a new company comes there are ups & downs and these small bugs it will get fix. please lets not make a big deal out of the wallet at this moment and im sure this will get fixed soon. it might take extra couple of more days or a week but soon it will work. we are all in this together.

cheerz

None of those cases is mine, the wallet took 9 hours in sync the first time, then it worked fine, but it was a long time syncing now it’s stuck syncing.

Guys have patients. I also “stuck” on networking connecting… screen, but just waited and it synced.

Daedalus wallet not available for Linux (Ubuntu) ??

not yet mate

I have not updated my computer because I have too many critical apps that I am afraid will be broken by the upgrade. This happened to me last time, and I was not able to use GPG Tools for like 6 months. I would recommend people wait on big upgrades. Also, Apple had critical security bugs with this release.

I have asked for the next release date and it has been discussed all day today. We don’t have one yet. The exchange integrations took an unexpected amount of time due to large variations in their requirements.

We will make announcements on all the channels when ready. Thanks for your patience.

Same problem