Delegating to and switching multiple pools from Yoroi

Hi Guys,

I have some ADA on Binance that will be released from staking soon. Although they offer a higher apy, I don’t like the locking concept, and will delegate it myself.

I also already have some AdA staked from my yoroi/ledger wallet to a pool, but want to move this bag from binance also to my yoroi wallet.

Is t possible to stake these ada to a different pool? If yes how do I accomplish this?

And if I decide in the future to switch pools, does it take 3 epochs again before I receive rewards from the new pool?

Regards J

Is t possible to stake these ada to a different pool? If yes how do I accomplish this?

one wallet → one pool

And if I decide in the future to switch pools, does it take 3 epochs again before I receive rewards from the new pool?

Nope, because the rewards are delayed 2 epochs
U will need to wait 4 epochs only when u will register a new stake address

You could create multiple wallets and delegate each to a separate pool. Multi pool delegation from the same wallet isn’t available yet but is on the roadmap.

Also, if you are already delegating from a wallet and then decide to move the funds to another wallet it’s true it takes a while until the new wallet starts earning (or actually gives you what it is earning) but in the meantime, the old wallet is still going to pay you for what it had for the 3 epochs after. Reason being everything is at a delay, so just like you waited a few epochs to get rewards on the first wallet when you initially staked, you will continue to get paid out after you move funds out. So net net, moving funds between wallets won’t lose you any time in delegation as long as source wallet is delegated and destination wallet is delegated immediately (before snapshot) after funds are deposited.

Hope this helps
CPX Pool

Also for ledger can use adalite to delegate to more pools with one wallet

2 Likes