Do you think I’m spending too much time on the forum?

I had a weird dream last night …

So I’m in a subway waiting for my train and I notice a man on the ledge, he keels over and falls on to the tracks as train approaches, I can see the headlights through the dark tunnel, people gasp, some take out their phones and start shooting footage, on reflex I rush to the man as the train speeds toward us. The conductor unable to stop in time honks in desperation. I jump onto the tracks and save the man in the nick of time to the cheer of the crowds…but here’s where the dream get interesting…eye witness news show up on the scene and now I’m being interviewed, and I can already see where this ridiculous puff piece is heading so I get the brilliant idea of using this incident as opportunity to promote Cardano. The journalist/Alice asks: Sean you’re a real hero, what do you do Sean? … without missing a beat I go into “I’m an Ambassador for the Cardano foundation which partners with emurgo and IOHK(input output Hong Kong) an engineering company founded by Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood who build a third generation crypto currency with the goal of solving the sustainability, scalability and interoperability challenges of the previous two generations such as bitcoin and ethereum.” The reporter gives a confused look and says: Ok…Sean, why don’t you tell us what happened…I follow up with “ well I was on my way to my weekly Cardano community meetup from a date with my Lovelace girl Ada when I noticed a man standing on the ledge, as he keeled over I found myself on instinct moving toward his directions when I heard the train behind me, the hair on the back of my neck stood up as if the deadelus bull was breathing down it, I flew to the man like Icarus, jumped on the tracks and pulled him out in the nick of time. The man severely depressed tried to jump in several times. I kept pulling him back each time and kept convincing him that he had so much to live for…how exciting times were ahead with distributed ledger systems and blockchain technologies, how he would get to see the way Cardano would change the world, I talked about coffee farmers in Ethiopia, a bright new future where he would be in control of his own identity and his own money how everything would live on a blockchain in a fair and decentralized ecosystem, anything to keep him from jumping again.

At that moment the dream transitioned to a bar where community members from the forum played a drinking game, every time I said Cardano or deadelus or Icarus or blockchain on tv they would drink and roll on the floor laughing.

We transition into the forum page where the views pile up as the YouTube clip of the interview gets copious likes. Members from the forum create hilarious memes and we transition into a selfie of Charles Hoskinson laughing with one hand on my back and other pointing at me saying “and then he said I flew there as fast as Icarus! :rofl:

The dream ends back at the train station. A policeman throws a security blanket around Bob( that’s the guys name) walking him up the staircase, as disoriented Bob shouts in the direction of the interview I’ll definitely check out that Cardano thing man! And I shout back “cascading disruption man!” Which he returns not comprehending the meaning “cascading disruption!”

9 Likes

That’s probably the “wrong” question to ask - I would ask, is my spending any amount of time here making a difference to someone other than me, w/r/t sharing the Cardano gospel?

2 Likes

The forum at this point is like an emotional support group, we cry, complain, hug each other and buy some more :ada:, of course it’s supper great for education as well!

6 Likes

We love you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love you back :joy::heart:

2 Likes

Your subconscious practicing your brain to cope if Cardano is either a trainwreak or you become a hero. (one dream theory) Or just activation-synthesis.

Oh and we do dig you Sean :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dreams have a funny way of turning into reality sometimes!

2 Likes

I haven’t thought of it like that, that could be it! :thinking: and maybe I’m not even me but the community as a whole and the train wreck or hero possibility of Cardano is entirely on us and our engagement as a community ! :smile: some deep stuff here…

3 Likes

Lol! Sean you are really dreaming things like this? Wow! Luckily for me generally when I sleep I do not recall many dreams, hopefully for your sake you never experience a nightmare about cardano :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wrote the dream down right after I woke up so I wouldn’t forget, lol :joy: hope to avoid any :cardano: nightmares :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Here’s something that happened to me the day after I came up with The Evolution idea:

I was watching a documentary on advertising when this came on the screen:

It’s an ad. The complete saying is “This is a revolution” but the way it was shown on the screen omitted the “R”. I came up with the idea of calling the movement “The Evolution” the day before. Obviously the phrase has a double meaning, with “Revolution” only inferred. Well this is exactly what is happening with the way “Revolution” is displayed on the screen - with the “R” missing.

So what are the odds of seeing the word “Revolution” on a screen with only “evolution” shown, exactly like how the “R” is inferred in my idea? The day after I came up with the idea?

I chose it to be a sign from… the universe?

2 Likes

Could be, or something you really wish for yourself. Confirmation bias.

2 Likes

Yes I want Tesla with SpaceX to the moon Cardano dreams not bad nightmare dreams of crashing trains :grin:

2 Likes

There’s no difference.

Simple… you got it all twisted…I think the dream is telling you your not spending enough time on the forum and you need to be putting in more time on here!

The brain is a funny thing, did you know its a big myth that we only use 10% of our brain? We use all of it all the time!

Also did you know, the brain is more active when your sleeping that when your awake? Its True!

im telling you, your brain is telling you if you dont spend more time on here, your going to continue to get nightmares about Cardano! haha

1 Like

2 Likes

Very few people know that Sean Alimov is Tyler Durden.

Perhaps not even him.

The Evolution is “Fight Club”.

1 Like

Forgive me for breaking the first rule, Sir. :pray:

3 Likes

Everyone breaks the first rule :rofl:

3 Likes

Dude, you need to get a girlfriend not names ADA.

2 Likes