Error: "cardano-node: error while loading shared libraries: libsodium.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Hey People :slightly_smiling_face:
I am just going through the Stake Pool School videos and since a few hours I am continuously running into the same error, ever since I closed the initial terminal I did all the exercises with.

If I want to query the balance of my payment address for example, I will get this message:
“cardano-node: error while loading shared libraries: libsodium.so.23: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

Anybody an idea?

Thank you so much!
Best Regards, Bastian

2 Likes

Hi Bastian,

Can you try following this to see if it helps root out your issue:

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Your friend, FROG

7 Likes

Thank you so much!! It seems to be working!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best Wishes!

1 Like

hi, i’m experimenting the same issue with the testnet node. could you please tell me in which document shall i write the third line?
thank you in advance

1 Like

@Christian_Bolufer I believe you are referring to sudo reboot in the link above to the pool school config files. You just need to run that command in the cli to restart the server. You will be logged out, as the machine reboots and will have to log back in.

1 Like

i was referring to bash_profile
now is working, thank you very much for your assitance.
Please ask the person in charge of the school guide to changed it, and keep it updated otherwise it is very frustrating. There so many things which need to be changed in order to run the Testnet node. The goal of the school is for us to learn all these stuff, so how you guys expect us to learn with wrong information.
Kind regards,
Christian Bolufer

1 Like

Try running:
$ sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libsodium.so.23.3.0 /usr/lib/libsodium.so.23
for Debian based OS. This fixed it for me.
(Courtesy of CoinCashew tutorial)

2 Likes