gLiveView: "starting" status freeze

Hi there

I have been installing 3 nodes following Coincashew steps up to starting them and installing gLiveView.
For the block producer node: it is synching, after I added an iohk server.
for the relay nodes, I am stuck with status being “starting”:

Could do with a little help :slight_smile: thank you

keep the IOHK servers inside topology files till all node will be 100% synced… atm the nodes can’t connect to each other

cheers

Thanks Alex,
I rechecked and each relay has the BP IP and the IOHK ip address.
when i check status fro time to time it seems to loop in doing such things:

scanning the process I captured this error, it then returened to “validating chunks” from beginning.

try journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node and check for errors… what is the hardware configuration for the servers?

type free -m

I noticed that for the relay with above error, I set it up with only 4Gb. I now resized to 8Gb:
To resize the cloud server, I had to turn it off then on again from cloud service. Then restarted the node and it now works! Thanks :bowing_man:

For the other one, I can see this:

for the second try to delete the ledger, volatile and immutable folders from db folder then restart the node and it should start sync again

Cheers,

Cheers Alex, it worked for the 2 relays! will do the same for BP server as it went too to “starting” , past epoch 300…

1 Like

I restarted the BP node, keeping db files, and it now continues synching. So all is fine now.

Thanks again for your timely help. Have a great day! :bowing_man:

1 Like

You are welcome, anytime :beers:

Good morning!
All was synching fine last night and this morning all 3 nodes were displaying “starting” in gLiveView.
Looking at errors in journal:

:cardano.node.ChainDB:Error:7] [2022-05-04 02:12:55.53 UTC] Invalid snapshot DiskSnapshot {dsNumber = 46276108, dsSuffix = Nothing}InitFailureRead (ReadFailed (DeserialiseFailure 647383991 “end of input”))

:cardano.node.ErrorPolicy:Notice:3007] [2022-05-04 02:17:13.53 UTC] IP 18.133.40.48:3001 ErrorPolicySuspendConsumer (Just (ConnectionExceptionTrace (SubscriberError {seType = SubscriberParallelConnectionCancelled, seMessage = “Parallel connection cancelled”, seStack = }))) 1s

cardano.node.IpSubscription:Error:3014] [2022-05-04 02:17:13.58 UTC] IPs: 0.0.0.0:0 [BP IP address:6000] Connection Attempt Exception, destination BP IP address:6000 exception: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 33>: does not exist (Connection refused)

:cardano.node.IpSubscription:Error:3005] [2022-05-04 02:17:13.58 UTC] IPs: 0.0.0.0:0 [BP IP address:6000] Failed to start all required subscriptions

then regularly loops into Validated chunk no. 0 out of 2142.

not sure where to go from here!

Did u removed the IOHK nodes from topology file?which version did u installed?

kept iohk server on all 3 nodes
“addr”: “relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io”,
“port”: 3001,
“valency”: 2

installed Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.34.1

are u running more servers on same machine? Also can u check the hard disk free space?

Cheers,

these 3 are cloud based as as such:

ok, type free -m on all servers, do u have the swap file configured?

did not touch swap file

Ok, 8g should not be enough so u will must configure a swap file (4-5G)

sudo fallocate -l 5G /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile

now to make it permanently type
sudo nano /etc/fstab

and add to the end, as a new line
/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0
save the file (Ctrl + x then Y then ENTER)

check if the configuration was successfully

free -m

1 Like

did on the 1st server:

will do on others. then will i need to stop/restart thenode?