Guide to estimate the price of crytocurrencies

Bitcoin – Expect a rise over the next year that will surpass the current low. Also expect bumps as the SEC and other federal agencies around the world begin regulating the buying and selling of cryptocurrencies in very real ways. Now that banks are in on the joke they’re going to want to reduce risk. Therefore, the bitcoin will become digital gold, a staid, boring and volatility proof safe haven for speculators. Although all but unusable as a real currency, it’s good enough for what we need it to do and we also can expect quantum computing hardware to change the face of the oldest and most familiar cryptocurrency.

Ethereum – Ethereum could sustain another few thousand dollars on its price as long as Vitalik Buterin, the creator, doesn’t throw too much cold water on it. Like a remorseful Victor Frankenstein, Buterin tends to make amazing things and then denigrate them online, a sort of self-flagellation that is actually quite useful in a space full of froth and outright lies. Ethereum is the closest we’ve come to a useful cryptocurrency, but it is still the Raspberry Pi of distributed computing — it’s a useful and clever hack that makes it easy to experiment but no one has quite replaced the old systems with new distributed data stores or applications. In short, it’s a really exciting technology, but nobody knows what to do with it.

Where will the price go? It will hover around $1,000 and possibly go as high as $1,500 this year, but this is a principled tech project and not a store of value.

Altcoins – One of the signs of a bubble is when average people make statements like “I couldn’t afford a Bitcoin so I bought a Litecoin.” This is exactly what I’ve heard multiple times from multiple people and it’s akin to saying “I couldn’t buy hamburger so I bought a pound of sawdust instead. I think the kids will eat it, right?” Play at your own risk. Altcoins are a very useful low-risk play for many, and if you create an algorithm — say to sell when the asset hits a certain level — then you could make a nice profit. Further, most altcoins will not disappear overnight. I would honestly recommend playing with Ethereum instead of altcoins, but if you’re dead set on it, then by all means, enjoy.

Tokens – This is where cryptocurrency gets interesting. Tokens require research, education and a deep understanding of technology to truly assess. Many of the tokens I’ve seen are true crapshoots and are used primarily as pump and dump vehicles. I won’t name names, but the rule of thumb is that if you’re buying a token on an open market then you’ve probably already missed out. The value of the token sale as of January 2018 is to allow crypto whales to turn a few cent per token investment into a 100X return. While many founders talk about the magic of their product and the power of their team, token sales are quite simply vehicles to turn 4 cents into 20 cents into a dollar. Multiply that by millions of tokens and you see the draw.

The answer is simple: find a few projects you like and lurk in their message boards. Assess if the team is competent and figure out how to get in very, very early. Also expect your money to disappear into a rat hole in a few months or years. There are no sure things, and tokens are far too bleeding-edge a technology to assess sanely.

You are reading this post because you are looking to maintain confirmation bias in a confusing space. That’s fine. I’ve spoken to enough crypto-heads to know that nobody knows anything right now and that collusion and dirty dealings are the rule of the day. Therefore, it’s up to folks like us to slowly buy surely begin to understand just what’s going on and, perhaps, profit from it. At the very least we’ll all get a new Linux of Value when we’re all done.

Btw I find a perfect answer to this question on this site: MTBIT Academy, they answer these kind of question so sharply, perfectly, hope you guys can come across i read wonderful tips as well as guide about BTC and trading session <3

1 Like

Where will the price go? It will hover around $1,000 and possibly go as high as $1,500 this year, but this is a principled tech project and not a store of value.

I’ve spoken to enough crypto-heads to know that nobody knows anything right now and that collusion and dirty dealings are the rule of the day.

Please excuse my uneducated comment. I’m not a tech gal nor a finance guy. But don’t these two statements contradict each other? If nobody knows anything, how can one make a confident estimate of the price range for this year? For each price range, there’s a group claiming prices will reach that high/low, one of them has to be correct eventually, right? Unless they are whales who can artificially move the price of ETH to this level. I’d be pleased if you can clarify what I’m missing.

2 Likes

Well bro, in the first statement it’s only the prediction of my own. As you said there are always 2 groups, well, i am not the exception, i’m in one of them too. But how could i state that: “Where will the price go? It will hover around $1,000 and possibly go as high as $1,500 this year, but this is a principled tech project and not a store of value.” It’s because I always keep it up-to-date about the whale’s announcement and prediction on a Whale News Site, as a digital marketing manager I myself sometimes chat with some of them for more info too. In the second statement, I just want to make it clear that “Everything is relative”. Don’t put your 100% trust in something, that’s what i really mean bro. Thanks for having paid attention to my post ~~

well bro, crypto technology “understanding” so far does not correlate with investment choice and future price estimate. Global trends are heavily correlated among coin price, while local price fluctuation trends follow dynamic of tulip traders (Macd, sma …)…

Crypto technology “understading” always go along with global trends - that’s my own though. When you know how everything works you can make predictions toward trends

Most people spend much more time reading than writing, but you’ve spent a total so far of 22 minutes reading in this forum. I’m pretty sure it took you longer than that to write the first post above. You have not mentioned either Cardano or ADA once. I’m intrigued to know just what exactly you are doing here? What’s your game, Michelle?

1 Like

There you have it… you’ve bought a pound of sawdust!

She transcends time. Her game is 4D chess…

2 Likes

Because, probably she has something very precise to know about!

I did a little digging – I do mean a little – and discovered there’s a Michelle Jones who’s a journalist and writes on crypto but whose profile pic is clearly of a different person. Verrry strange… https://www.valuewalk.com/2019/06/speculations-facebooks-cryptocurrency-swirling/

Edit: a popular internet search engine fails to find any time she ever mentioned Cardano.

Edit 2: here’s a longer but almost identical article published in January 2018! (Scroll down to the assessments.) And there are others… https://leduc998.wordpress.com/2018/01/23/more-on-cryptocurrencies/

Edit 3: there’s several very similar articles scattered around, the original seems to have been written in Jan '18, that date even occurs in the middle of the OP above, which is quite a good clue.

3 Likes

Duplicate account found from @MichelleJones. Therefore removed.

2 Likes

Probably wasted a whole afternoon :rofl:

Thanks for such a detailed description of the currency price here. I think, it is the most popular for the people working with it. So if the question is in choice, it is better to cooperate with the stable one, like Bitcoin.

It would be helpful if you could include a reasonable basis (preferably a source or chart) for this assumption. We all know the price of BTC is due to rise and that its regulation will validate its value as a stable currency. I don’t think it is helpful to make conclusory statements based on short-sighted statements such as:

and,

or,

This is not analysis, it is a blogging rant (not that blogging rants can’t be analytical). But you title this “Guide to estimate the price of currencies.” Where exactly is the “guide”?

Read previous posts, particularly this one Guide to estimate the price of crytocurrencies and the one that follows it. The article that the OP is copied from was written in January 2018.

Haha oh, I did not realize. Thanks @RobJF

1 Like