Having second thoughts anyone? Daedalus wallet

Coming from a guy who has his name and picture next to a post proclaiming he has hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in a wallet he is worried about. Why not just post an open invitation on hacker forums to try and steal your funds.

2 Likes

@RonBorden maybe I do look at it different - but I am not a programmer, I look at it with trust for the team and a understanding of what has been said by the team concerning the developments, my understanding comes from a couple years vested in the crypto space, I trust that my coins are safe on the exchanges that I have them on and it has nothing to do with trusting Daedalus wallet why I keep them there - but I have not invested more than I can afford to lose (and saying that, if you can’t afford to lose your coins than you better invest in a secure wallet) If this was paypal then there would be some type of insurance behind it - its not pay-pal - and its not easy money, if someone puts a million dollars into ADA than they should get to learn the in and outs of securing the coins they invested in cause it most likely will rise as the products cardano supports mature and then your 1.5 million ADA trade at a value of 150 million or whatever overnight and all of sudden disappear because of a lack of understanding (this is hypothetical I am in no way assuming that you do not know how to secure your coins), the cardano team is not trying to sell ADA as a business sell’s cars or candy bars etc. it is developing a decentralized platform that will be able to quickly communicate with the existing tech in the world and future tech that has not been imagined yet, so when you raise a complaint of “Hard Work” for investor’s the truth is that nobody within the team is pushing this onto anybody - We (you and I) are lucky to have an understanding of the potential of the coin and the chance to be early adopter’s, the price of the coin is supported by the Bears of crypto that understand the decentralized crypto arena and know what scalability and cross chain problems are and what work it will take to solve them - 1 man or a team of 5 cannot get it done alone there is no way, so many languages that have to be considered and so many possible glitches as everything is integrated into the network, I imagine it is possible that staking could take longer than we wish but remember that the team building it is not set on investors buying it up, half the people involved have been on the inside of crypto for a long while and I am surprised that they didn’t just close the doors on the project for a 90 day vacation after the unbeleivable rise in crypto the last 3 months - this team is passionate about what they do and you can bet that they are determined to hit milestones and they even have your investment in mind, the value of ADA will most likely never see 2 cents again as long as there is someone like myself willing to buy them at 3 cents.
And I just want to put a little emphasis on Peer Reviewed right here.

And maybe before I go I want to say it is not meant to be the “great bitcoin killer” - it will only serve to prop up bitcoin with all the work that is being done for blockchain technology.

1 Like

Yea - either this guy has terrible OPSEC, boasting multiple times about his millions of ADA, or he is a troll that has a large stake in a Cardano competitor.

1 Like

Nope, A very concerned Investor is all, just needs to learn to the ropes - as do I maybe, always something new in crypto
I do suggest he use a hard drive to put his coin on though.

What ? I’m referring to Ron Borden and how utterly stupid it is to mention having almost a million dollars on a computer next to his name and picture. Not only will he likely be targeted by hackers but somebody could probably locate him and rob him the old fashioned way. Use common sense people.

1 Like

I would be surprised if black hats didn’t at some point honestly.

To raise awareness of the risks, I like to share these two Reddit stories, which got great instructions as well (especially the first one / read the top comment by all_is_all to_all). I would encourage Ron to read them @RonBorden

Yes you are absolutely right, if you type daedalus in windows search bar and then right click on daedalus to find the location you end up with a link to the bat file called daedalus.bat. In that same folder (program files > Daedalus) there is also a file called cardano-launcher.exe which you should not make a direct link of to your desktop. There is probably a good reason that the bat file is the start file and not the exe file. Does anyone know why btw?

1 Like

Working fine. All my ADA is safe and sound. Just waiting for more cryptos to.be comparable.

1 Like

@Dettox @acirvin2
I 100% support this view - it was my mistake for quite a while. Also, I suspect most people who have entered into cryptos in a DIY model have had many similar problems. I spent a while vainly trying to move a token from MEW to my Trezor not realising the token was/isnlocked for another 2 weeks

1 Like

I would be happy to buy when these big holders look to unload lol. We will see if they put their Ada up for sale when their clock for x level of corporate-like attribute runs out.

1 Like

Trezor uses MEW. It just stores your keys to the wallet for you on a hardware device. So basically you are just moving the tokens from 1 MEW address to another.

1 Like

The dev team REALLY need to fix their wallet. Badly. For starters I had difficulty loading/launching it. After many attempts on different browsers (shouldn’t be browser specific as to which one you use to download the wallet) it finally launched after 4 hours of “syncing”. Tried to check my ADA balance yesterday TWICE and it was stuck on “connecting to Neteork”. For a company that is full of engineers and developers I don’t see it in the MOST basic an application ad their win wallet!

Fix it please!!

1 Like

If you do not know how yo access your wallet because you are using a shortcut, you honestly don’t deserve to own ADA. Stop complaining and edicate yourselves before whining about having bloody second thoughts.
Christ…

1 Like

1000% correct Ron! The functionality of Daedalus is not rocket science. The concept had not been thought through carefully enough -plain and simple! It took 3 hours to finally display my balances after not accessing the wallet for 3 weeks- that’s unacceptable. If they had conducted a proof of concept trial first with 20 gigs of test data they would have seen the problem. They have been aware of this issue for several weeks now- where is the update? I don’t want to be told I need a VPN- btw, VPNs are banned in China! Before you criticise me I owned an Australian software company employing 25 programmers-I know what I’m talking about- if it took 3 hours for our pharmacy clients to access there dispensing software patients could have died! Yes ADAlove, we wouldn’t leave the office or go to Lisbon en mass until the problem was fixed. Take a look at your competitors (ie) NEO. Their software worked from day one and every day I collect interest on my investment through GAS. Please listen- this is just a ripple now but could turn into a wave- my observations are meant to be constructive, learnt from 21 years of software development experience!. This ecospace is becoming crowded- I want to see clients lining up on the Cardano platform. I want to see more productivity not more selfies of Charles in first class, no more pats on the back or statements about how wonderful and smart we are, fewer interviews- let the end product tell the story. Finally, these weekly updates are wonderful- an opportunity to vent frustrations and to show support.

2 Likes

@kevthepeg Neo had a lot of issues with their wallets too in the beginning. I remember helping a number of people on reddit who were worried and didn’t understand how they worked etc. You can check my reddit history, same username, if you don’t believe me. They got things worked out and so will Cardano.

Thank you regsanman for your response. I guess there maybe some rocket science in these wallets and I apologize to the development team for underestimating their work effort…

1 Like

Just a little story- a team leader never considered his code might be flawed so he never checked it- the prima Donna approach. The update went out to 300 pharmacies. Two hours later the first frantic support call came in- the reward points of all customers were being allocated to one customer! The key file library in the program code had been designed so that all points would go to customer #1- dumb! It took 2 days to fix a months programming and update all 300 pharmacies- nobody went home - our reputation went to the moon. After the leader had stopped crying he was promoted to a less demanding position. That’s how software development works. The non programming CEO of an opposition company asked why my company was profitable and his wasn’t- the answer was simple- my staff know I know-your staff know you don’t!

This is an issue for all non-lite wallets. I recently installed the ZenCash Swing wallet and it took well over 24 hours to update itself, on a connection that manages HD video quite easily. If you look at some of the docs and videos you’ll see the IOHK production process is at the absolute opposite extreme from the picture of carelessness you seem to have in mind.

I love the philosophy behind ada, however, I wish Team Cardano would throw everything including the kitchen sink into getting us a good working wallet where we can store the stuff. I have a ton of ADA sat on an exchange. Would love to get it off there. Have no intention of selling it.
Even if they got the Ledger nano protocol up and running for us, that would be great.

2 Likes

I am not a troll.