Help with my misplaced ADA

Hi there , i am here to seek for help , i feel stupid but i have no choice to ask for any kind of guidance to help recover my ADA i sent my ADA using my Yoroi shelley wallet last Feb 28 -2021 it was sent , i do have the transaction ID i also have the From and To addresses i dont even know to what pool i sent it to . all i see is a transaction fees that where taken and my old amount , can somoene please help me retrieve or even find out what pool my ADA is currently at . i do have my seed phrase and that is not helping me to recover my ADA i am a newbie since last year and i would appreciate the help .

3 Likes

Staking does NOT require you to send your coins anywhere. If you thought you were staking and did send your coins, you were probably scammed. Sorry.

3 Likes

i dont think iv been scammed at all.

like erik sad you never send ada away remains in your wallet.
more info on what you did step by step

1 Like

Hi @116879,

I am so sorry to hear that. But once you sent your ADA to another receiving wallet address, it’s gone forever, unless you know to whom you send your ADA to.

In the first place, why did you send your ADA, and where did you get the target address?

Thank you.

1 Like

As a newbie I went to delegate in a pool and sent my ADA it seem simple and I did saw a return or 63 ADA and

now I can’t find anything
how can I find the pool name or can I use the block # or transaction ID .THE address was from the Cardano Blockchain off the IOHK Supported project i

i cant beleive i screwed up this bad . this is devastating , i thought i could fix this or get some help , then this will half to be a Tax write off . unless i find a way to find the pool , or maybe i am doing something wrong with my wallet , its a Yoroi shelley , i wanted to share another screen shot but it will not let me . i just feel like its not lost , thanks anyways

1 Like

Hi @116879 ,

In your Yoroi user interface, did you see “Dashboard” or “Delegate” icon? If yes, try to check if you delegate it to a specific stake pool.

Another thing that you could do:
-. Where did you get that address (DdzFFzCqrhsx5GFfFt8…)? This is Byron era wallet address.
-. You could try to contact that address/pool owner if you know it. So they could return it back to you.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

I’m just heading out to work . thank you so much , i’ve been asking for any kind of clues or help , this is better than all the replies iv had so far ,

i found that address on the Cardano Blockchain on one of the delegated pools (i think) it was a few months ago . how do i reach Byron era , thanks again i will owe you

big time .

2 Likes

hi andreassosilo when i look true my Yoroi interface under the dashboard it has a message that says you have not delegated your ada yet and when i look at the Delegate icon it takes me directly to the different pools , with the search option and score ? where do i find the Byron era address , i do have the address to where it was sent , i have never done this , what a huge mistake i normally write everything down and this particular time i accidently press the wrong action

Can u paste here the transaction ID?

Hi there thanks for trying to help me

1 Like

Not the picture, i need the text

1 Like

I think u was scammed, are u sure u performed the transaction?

If u track the money u will see millions of ADA flow to more suspicios addresses

Yes I performed the task .hang on I will get what your asking .

Hi 116879,
This is the real Cardano foundation website.

You can see at the bottom of the webpage that it says @2021 (not 2015 - 2021 as your screenshot shows).
Also, you can click on the “Forum” link and this will bring you to the REAL forum.
https://forum.cardano.org/

The current Cardano’s home page doesn’t mention “Cardano Blockchain Explorer”…
When you search for Cardano Foundation it should show the correct link.
Not sure how or where you got this `other’ link. It looks like a scam link…

Now that ADA price has gone up a lot, there will be even more scams trying to steal our ADA from us. Next time, send a small amount first, like 10 ADA.

You may need to write this one off for tax.

PS. Can anyone find out who owns this “DdzFFzCqrhsx5G…”? Has other people reported problems/loss of ADA to this wallet address?

Hi andreassosilo,
116879 was trying to stake his 1927.777851 ADA to a staking pool.
Since he is a newbie, it’s easy to get confused.

His ADA never has to leave his wallet (Yoroi, Daedalus, etc). Somehow he believed that he had to SEND his Ada to the staking pool. It sounds like what he was trying to do but instead sent his ADA to this Byron era (scam?) wallet.

I have some ADA which I want to stake as well, but Daedalus is hard to use (takes forever to update/synch to the blockchain). My wifi is not strong/stable enough and connection gets broken. I bought a Ledger wallet but it doesn’t support ADA (unless through Yoroi, Daedalus, Adalite).

Does Cardano forum or on Cardano website, have a section to warn people about scams and how to STAKE properly?

2 Likes

Hi @Sydney993 ,

Thanks for informing me. Kindly check article below for scam stuff:

If you use Daedalus, there will be a notification about don’t fall for scam app or any scam.

I don’t know about Cardano website. Everyone needs to do their own research in crypto space before doing anything, it’s getting difficult with lots of scam stuff these days. There are lots of tutorial also in YouTube or blogs. Hope it helps.

Check this official article for staking for beginners:

1 Like

the question is, from where did he copied that address?

1 Like