Hi from Melbourne, Australia

Got interested in crypto again during a break between contracts. Cardano stood out amongst the top projects as the one that is most truly engineered and built to last. I got inspired and bought a significant (for me) chunk of ADA. Excellent way to lose 30% of my money so far :smiley: But I didnā€™t invest what I couldnā€™t afford to lose.

It seems some of my skill-set could useful for the community, so I may set up a stake-pool and run a node to help the project gain momentum further.

The Cardano community in Australia seems to be fairly thinly spread at the moment. I hope to see the post volume and membership at telegramā€™s ā€œCardano Australiaā€ group grow significantly in the year ahead.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum, if you set up a pool let us know, I wish you the best!

1 Like

Gā€™day from Brisbane Greg. Welcome.

1 Like

Afraid so, Iā€™m in Perth.

Welcome.

1 Like

Iā€™m in Bunbury WA, couple of hours south of Perth. Not anyone special, but a 2 year Hodl.

Cheers

1 Like

Not too far to travel for the next Perth Meetup.

If we ever get the numbers to run one :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Wish there were more of us.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @gRebel :cardano::wave:

Welcome onboard gRebel. Melbourne is a nice city. I used to stay in Sydney for over two years. Looking forward to visiting Melbourne in future.

Welcome aboard! Donā€™t worry, you didnā€™t loose if you didnā€™t sell for less. It is very hard to buy the bottom and sell the top. Just hold on for a year or two, we have a hack of a ride ahead. You will be able to stake soon and get some return. Cheers to Australia :grinning:

gRebel, Elurevad, OddPod:

Greetings from Chicago, USA

You are the sand grit at the core of what Iā€™m sure will become a pearl.

Welcome @gRebel

Thanks FrankR
Iā€™ll take sand grit as a compliment!
Cheers
D

Hi Iā€™m new here. Iā€™m frequent flier between Melbourne and Shanghai. Like you I also discounted 30% more investment on ADA, but I firmly believe Cardano will have extensive application on businesses. Will keep eye on your stake pool. Good luck!

Welcome.
I am in Perth.

Thanks! Thatā€™s exactly my plan (hold and use for the next 2 years). If it doesnā€™t work out, at least I have contributed to a worthy cause.

I love the analogy!

I like being an irritant that turns out to be precious. Iā€™m going to own my sand grit!

Late spring is the time to come, the plants and people come out to bloom. :wink:

Glad youā€™re all taking it in the intended spirit.

Hey @Alndex

When Meetup?