How to Get Less Withdrawal Fees on Crypto Exchanges using FixedFloat.com (example: Cardano Withdrawal)

Originally published at medium.com
Translated post from Indonesian Forum.

My personal experience when I want to move crypto assets to a wallet is definitely hindered by the minimum rule for the amount of assets to be withdrawn from the exchange that I use. For example, you can see this image below:

withdraw fees

You can see from the image above, that Tokocrypto (Indonesian Binance) asking 0.0005 BTC as withdrawal fee for moving “our” Bitcoin to our personal Bitcoin wallet (using Bitcoin network). While the actual fee using actual Bitcoin network (based on mempool.space) only needs few of sats (sats = satoshis, smallest decimal in Bitcoin).

Me personally, at that time want to try real Cardano’s staking by delegating my ADA to SPO (Stake Pool Operator). So I need to move my ADA to my personal Cardano wallet.

Using Tokocrypto, they ask 1 ADA for their fee. I will give 1 ADA if the price is still $0.3 (like early 2021). But if in the future ADA’s price soar up to $5 or maybe $10, will I still want to give my 1 ADA for them? Hmm… I will not spend a lot of money for moving my assets to my personal wallet.

So, How to get less fees from exchanges which are quite expensive?

Thanks to the Binance Smart Chain (BEP20), I found a loophole to overcome the expensive exchange fees using BUSD.

I will take the example of sending an ADA using the Cardano network. As I said before, exchanger fee like Tokocrypto, Binance, etc ask for 1 ADA for a withdrawal fee (+ with 100 ADAs minimal to withdraw)

note: before moving assets to a personal wallet, I still do Dollar Cost Averaging to the coins / tokens that I invest.

1. Convert your coin/token assets to BUSD. Why BUSD? Withdrawing BUSD from Tokocrypto and Binance does not ask for a withdrawal fee at all using the BEP-20 network.
  2. Go to FixedFloat.com, then select send BUSD (BEP-20) to exchange with ADA (Cardano).
  3. Fill in your asset conversion amount to BUSD (in step 1), then check how much ADA you will receive (usually it won’t be much different from your previous DCA result, but there is still a spread).
  4. Copy-paste your wallet address into the field provided by FixedFloat. If the wallet address you pasted is not the network you selected earlier, FixedFloat will display an error notification. But still make sure to check your 0x address for Ethereum, BSC and Polygon.
  5. Then select the fee: fixed (1%) or float (0.5%). An explanation of this fee can be checked on the fixedfloat blog .
  6. If you are sure, click Exchange Now! FixedFloat will give you a QR-code / address for you to send BUSD (BEP-20).
  7. Then, return to the exchange where your assets are located. Withdraw BUSD using the BEP-20 network to the address given FixedFloat.
  8. Have you done all the steps above? Wait for your assets to arrive in the wallet.

From the example of sending ADA (Cardano) above, I only paid 0.17 ADA network fee + 0.5% float fee to withdraw to my personal wallet. This method is for withdrawals < 200 ADA. Because if it is above 200 ADA with a 0.5% fee, it has become 1 ADA, it is better to just directly withdraw from the exchanger.

fixedfloat-start

By far FixedFloat is the most affordable. Although many platforms have the same concept as Changelly, Switchain, Simpleswap.io, etc., they require a very large minimum of assets when withdrawing compared to FixedFloat.

Pros and Cons of using this trick:

• No Sign Up, No KYC. FixedFloat does not ask for personal information/data when we use this platform (+)
  • Get lower withdrawal fees than direct withdrawal via exchange (+)
  • 24/7 Customer Service! Experience communicating with CS is very friendly and informative. (+) I almost lost $150 because of my mistake but their CS helped me to get my funds back.
  • FixedFloat is a platform that still needs network maintenance. I had several times found Cardano, Polygon and BEP-20 networks missing from the selection. Relax, but it’s only temporary ( - )
  • The cost to buy and sell is more expensive than on the exchange. FixedFloat can be considered as an exchange, because it still has the same concept: asset exchange. Fee exchanges like Binance only ask for a 0.1% trading fee, while FixedFloat asks for 0.5% or 1%. But with this fee, our assets can go into our personal wallets and are fully under our control. ( - )

Additional suggestions for using this trick:

• Minimum withdrawal of 10 BUSD with BEP-20 is free of charge. For users who like $2 (in your local currency) DCA on Tokocrypto, you can store DCA up to around $10, then immediately convert it to BUSD to execute the strategy described above.
  • Exchanges like Tokocrypto and Binance sometimes have errors, especially during crashes. During the crash, I could see a change in the BUSD withdrawal. Usually a minimum of 10 BUSD, suddenly you can ask for a minimum of 100 BUSD for a minimum withdrawal. Sometimes also ask for 10 BUSD for withdrawal fee. If you encounter an error like this, cancel your intention first because the exchange is basically preventing us from withdrawing the asset when the market crashes (reducing losses).

Hopefully this situation will become better when Coti rolls out Djed stable coin.

As I understand, Coti has a banking licence and so hopefully will provide fiat to Djed stable coin on-ramps and off-ramps.

So hopefully we will be able to set up an account with Coti (KYC will be required). Then send fiat transfer from your home bank to your account with Coti. Then transfer to Djed stable coin using their stable coin exchange. Then convert to Ada through the Djed stable coin smart contract system.

If the fees are low then hopefully this will provide a better experience if all you want is to trade between Djed stable coin and Ada. You won’t have to leave the Cardano blockchain.

Hopefully!

1 Like