How to safe my Cardanos

If u put ada on your wallet and delegate, you will earn ~5% more or less (per year) but your rewards will be added to your wallet at the start of the new epoch (1 epoch = 5 days)

o.2224de0d79c434dd96500d5127faf515

If u are interested and need more informations, just ask

My pool has ~ 6% ROA (return of ada)

ROA Lifetime
5.875%

Anyway at the end of the year all pool will provide ~5% because this is how the protocol works!

Cheers

2 Likes

i like the mainnet full node wallet,never any problem with it just keep it on track with updates its looks are fantastic,secure love itā¤

1 Like

There are a few well-known, respectable exchanges. I am using the exchanges, I highly regard Binance. There might be other respectable exchanges. DYOR before deciding.

I store my Cardano in Ledger hardware walletā€¦ which connects to the Yoroi wallet.

So Alexd1985, how do I now delegate the ADA that I have stored in on my Ledger (in Yoroi) ?

Hello,

Open yoroi, delegation list, choose Charity Pool tiCker:CHRTY , press delegate, enter the amount of ADA you want to delegate, click continue, last thing enter the password andā€¦ done!

Remember first time when you delegate, rewards will come after 3 epochs (~15 days) if fhe pool will create blocks

o.2224de0d79c434dd96500d5127faf515
Cheers,

1 Like

Hi Guyā€™s,

thx again for your help. I have one more question.
Is there still a paper Wallet for cardano or ist it better to use the normal Desktop Deadulus wallet?
Will there be any problems with paper Wallets if they still exist?

paper wallet what do you mean?
there is hardware wallet, if you mean the same.

In the past I created a paper Wallet. You had to print it out and send your ada to the paper Wallet.

Cardano Wallet im Ledger Nano S
Trezor Model T

for your digital wallet, software, never keep passphrase on digital form, never on computer or photosā€¦
only write down on paper and keep it save
take a backup of this paper :slight_smile: i mean write it 2-3 times and safe it on different place :slight_smile:
never - ever share it with someone

So there is only the hardware wallet?

the only i know is daedalus and yoroi, and the hardware wallet optionsā€¦

if someone recommends you ā€œpaperā€, maybe he means to write passphrase to paper :slight_smile:

if someone else can also give extra knowledge about this paper wallet, :slight_smile:

Anyway if my Harddrive crashs and i stored ada on the Deadulus Hardware Wallet, will there be any chance to get all of my ada back?

As long as you have your seedphrase (24 words) backed up, you are fine in any case.

1 Like

You donā€™t lose your ADA
Provided you (correctly) make and store/keep a copy of your seed words (better several copies)

This is because your ADA is never actually ā€˜heldā€™ in your wallet, itā€™s the access to the ADA that you are actually keeping.

Lose/damage your computer ?

No problem, buy a new machine, download Daedalus (from the correct website https://daedaluswallet.io/)

And restore your wallet and thereā€™s your ADA :blush:

Good Luck

yes for sure.

the most important is your seedphrase, which is recommanded to save it on paperā€¦ never on digital format.
then you have to install daedalus or Yoroi on new system and restore your wallet.

Thx guys!! I was realy confused about the whole situation but now Iā€™m fine. If I have any problems in the future i will come back.

Thank you for responding. I have had Cardano for a long time but am kind of new to the issue of delegation. My Yoroi wallet is the Byron protocol and thereā€™s a note saying that I have to upgrade to Shelley era un order to delegate. But there is no upgrade button.

No upgrade buttonā€¦ u will need to create a new wallet (this time shelley) and move ur funds from byron wallet to shelley wallet

Do not forget to bkp the seed words for the new shelley wallet

Cheers,

Yes, I thought of that. So when I went to download another instance of the Yoroi extension, since the first wallet is on Brave extension, it asks if I want to remove the other one (with my Ada in it) I wasnā€™t sure what to do. Should I maybe open it in another browser?