How to send from Uphold to Yoroi

Hi, I’m still quite new to most relevant processes and thus am having some difficulty in figuring out how to send my ADA from Uphold to a Yoroi wallet so that I may secure my assets with a Ledger Nano X.

That page got me so far and implies such a process is possible.

That official how-to video depicts the process but there is no Cardano selection in the Crypto Network list as cited in the video, which has me stuck. I’ve attempted their support chat the last two days but keep getting told no one is online to help.

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s time and hope you’re all in good health :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,

Do u have ADA in ur uphold account? Or other coin?

U must have cardano app installed in ur ledger and send from uphold to the ledger ada address.

!!! First time try with a small amount, just in case something will not work!!!

Cheers,

I have a Yoroi wallet and the wallet address, I have the Ledger device, I have the Uphold account and the ADA. What I don’t have is the proper input for “Crypto Network” per the instructions provided by Uphold to send it.

The video in my initial post shows I need to select a “Crypto Network,” screencap included of the selections at the top of the list, but I don’t know which to choose as none of them says Cardano. And I’m very specifically confused by what you’re saying as it seems incongruous to what I’m seeing. Installing Cardano to Ledger still requires Yoroi or AdaLite, per the instructions here.

But you’re saying a Ledger address, which confuses me. I’m trying hard here but I’m super lost.

Hello,

What I wanted to say it’s that u need to connect your ledger to yoroi or daedalus wallet but u already did, sorry for the misunderstanding

now, I suppose u have an ada wallet on uphold right?
For the moment uphold doesn’t support cardano network so u have 2 options:

1. Wait till uphold will support cardano network
  2. Convert ur ADA in another coin for ex ethereum and send to another exchange which support ada… from there convert eth to ada and send ur ada to yoroi/ledger

For more info u can contact the uphold support team

If u are choosing option 2, first time u should test with a small amount, just in case!!!

Cheers,

1 Like

I appreciate your ideas and attention, Alex :slight_smile:

Finally having reached someone at Uphold, they confessed they’re not yet equipped for sending to outside wallets but claimed they will be sometime in Q2. So it appears I have to wait a while still before getting to stake :disappointed_relieved:

All the same, it will permit me time to lurk here and figure more out. HODL until MOON!

2 Likes

another ada holder in your sittuation

SOLVED.

Turned ADA to Eth transferred to crypto.com back to ADA then to Yoroi.

Sorry another edit.

When exchanging on crypto I had to exchange to USDC. Then buy ADA, this was done as a weekly reoccurring purchase so you have to go back and make sure you cancle the next transaction. Which was weird to find you have to click on the bottom middle logo.

Another problem besides not being able to transfer ADA on the Cardano network… I have is the 60day before you can transfer cryptos? I converted my ADA to litecoin, tried to transfer to another exchange before getting a msg that I had to wait 50 days then I ended up converting back to ADA and in the process was down over 200ADA which was insane considering the fees looked pretty low on the conversion to litecoin, seemed like most the fees were hit upon converting from Litecoin to ADA (Whereas not much from ADA to LTC). I I can only buy/sell or withdraw as fiat for now… I believe for another 30 days still!

Uphold is very upsetting to deal with if you didn’t read all the fine print. I would not recommend but I expect I will wait through Q2 to hopefully withdraw and stake by then.

Good luck.

Also, I use Bittrex now. :wink:

1 Like

Great that you got answers from Uphold. I am in exact same boat trying to move ADA from Uphold to Yoroi for staking. Will wait patiently for them to sort in Q2 :slight_smile:

@DashAdas why u need to wait?

Can I help u to move the funds to yoroi?
No one should wait, it’s very simple to move the funds
Cheers,

1 Like

Uphold will not allow you to move anything for 61 days, you can buy, sell or transfer (if we have the transfer crypto network but they do not have Cardano’s yet)

To withdraw you must wait the 61 days but again, we cannot withdraw ADA Caradno yet, we could convert to another currency then transfer to another exchange or wallet, then convert back and withdraw but again you cannot transfer anything for least 61 days from when you bought it.

Same here. The 60 day wait period is confusing me. Gotta get my ADA from uphold to my Yoroi wallet. :cut_of_meat:

this is … yeah… no sense … oo I found something interesting

1. Uphold Help Center
  1. Uphold Help Center

Why do I have to wait 65 days before withdrawing US Dollar deposits?

You don’t. Just deposit using a debit or credit card and there is no cooldown. For amounts over $5K, send us a wire and we’ll pick up the wire fees. Our wire instructions can be found here. Again, no cooldown.

The 65-day pause only applies to ACH deposits from a U.S. bank account.

so I believe if you will use a credit card there will be no need to wait 65 days

1 Like

No, I bought with my debit cards. The problem is not withdrawal it was transferring to a wallet. There is a 60 day hold on that too. I in fact did convert to LTC then attempt to transfer to another exchange with plans to convert back to ada then transfer to wallet… but uphold stopped me with a msg about the days left at the time so i immediately converted back to ada and am out 200+ ada from the process. I’ll just wait and transfer out when they add the cardano network having waited this long.

2 Likes

Still waiting for Uphold to list Cardano, frustrated!

I’m a little confused by the advice to convert from one token to another and then back again. At least in the USA, that would be a taxable event you are creating for yourself, I think. This is a far different scenario than transferring a crypto from an exchange wallet to a Ledger Nano/Yoroi wallet. This is the boat I am in - and I am extremely frustrated with how Uphold conducts business. If they want to trade the token, they need to support the network from the get-go. If I’m wrong, please let me know. But I just read the IRS rulemaking and it seems pretty clear.

Why u can’t send ADA from uphold to yoroi?

All of this is because Uphold is a very limited exchange - they support very little interaction with external wallets. BTC, ETH, ERC-20 tokens, XRP, DASH, etc. And to answer @Ffoghorn’s question, you have to do this to get it out of Uphold and to some other place to convert it again and send it to your external wallet.

This happens with a lot of Brave users being dropped BAT (ERC-20).

• Use Uphold to convert BAT to XRP.
  • Transfer XRP to Kraken.
  • Convert XRP to ADA on Kraken.
  • Send ADA from Kraken to Hardware Wallet.

I’ve not yet found a better solution… But if someone has an idea I’m all ears.

2 Likes

This is probably the best solution. I always convert crypto into XRP when wanting to move them, and then send to KuCoin. XRP is cheap, has liquidity, and is fast.