How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

rebuild? lol my relay is seems like the only thing that is working. so with ``
$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh -o"? Also if mty BP is in my home and relay is on a cloud service … will i have to add any rules to my router? I forwarded the cnode port but maybe i should be doing something else as well? Thanks again for all your help so far.

What IP and cnode port has ur relay?

sorry I am at work now ha. I’ll check and update tonight.

I’ve rebuilt the relays, now they are stuck in a boot loop. I try systemctl status cnode.service, they are in active status but after 5-6 mins, the time alive (next to active status) resets. When I try gLiveView, one relay gives me:
Looks like cardano-node is running with socket-path as /opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket, but the actual socket file does not exist.
This could occur if the node hasnt completed startup or if a second instance of node startup was attempted!
If this does not resolve automatically in a few minutes, you might want to restart your node and try again.
ERROR: CNTools failed to load common env file
Please verify set values in β€˜User Variables’ section in env file or log an issue on GitHub

The other relay node gives:
Uptime: 00:03:18 β”‚ Port: 6001 β”‚ Guild LiveView v1.20.6 β”‚

β”‚------------------------└────────────┴─────────────────────────
β”‚ Epoch 0 [0.0%] (node) β”‚
β”‚ 1d 00:29:46 until epoch boundary (chain) β”‚
β”‚ β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β–– β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Block : 0 Tip (ref) : 28596614 β”‚
β”‚ Slot : 0 Tip (node) : 0 β”‚
β”‚ Density : 0.0 Status : starting... β”‚
β”‚--------------------------------------------------------------β”‚
β”‚ Processed TX : 0 Out / In β”‚
β”‚ Mempool TX/Bytes : 0 / 0 Peers : 0 0

and it also keep resetting the uptime counter. The producer managed to sync up to 95.3% after 1 day

journalctl -e -f -u cnode

Ok, I used the topology file you suggested. BP looks like is working with that but if hasnt solved why it wouldnt connect to my relay. both BP and Relay only have out peers as well.
BP gLive

Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.26.2 [3531289c] <
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Uptime: 12:50:39 β”‚ Port: 6000 β”‚ Guild LiveView v1.20.6 β”‚
β”‚ Epoch 263 [81.6%] (node) β”‚
β”‚ 22:01:08 until epoch boundary (chain) β”‚
β”‚ β–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β–– β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Block : 5676323 Tip (ref) : 28605532 β”‚
β”‚ Slot : 352723 Tip (node) : 28605523 β”‚
β”‚ Density : 4.861 Tip (diff) : 9 :slight_smile: β”‚
β”‚ Mempool TX/Bytes : 0 / 0 Peers : 2 0 β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Relay glive
Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.26.2 [3531289c] <
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Uptime: 12:51:52 β”‚ Port: 6000 β”‚ Guild LiveView v1.20.6 β”‚
β”‚ Epoch 263 [81.7%] (node) β”‚
β”‚ 21:59:19 until epoch boundary (chain) β”‚
β”‚ β–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β–– β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Block : 5676325 Tip (ref) : 28605641 β”‚
β”‚ Slot : 352769 Tip (node) : 28605569 β”‚
β”‚ Density : 4.860 Tip (diff) : 72 :expressionless: β”‚
β”‚ Mempool TX/Bytes : 0 / 0 Peers : 18 0 β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
so i plan on using this topology on BP to point to my relay.

{
β€œProducers”: [
{
β€œaddr”: β€œ159.203.39.89”,
β€œport”: 6000,
β€œvalency”: 1
}
]
}

Do i need a port forwarding rule in router for so relay can talk with my BP?

Ok, so the Producer can connect with the relay… but the relay has other IN peers?

If not check the Relay port ot is opened to accept incoming connections from any?
Check the status here

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I see the port is open…

try from Producer

telnet 159.203.39.89 6000

U should see connected

PF is for Incoming connection… not for outgoing; if the relay can’t connect to the Producer then u must check the FW rule or the PF

From Relay
telnet Producer_IP Producer_port

You can check the pool status on pool.vet

ok it says connected! I have modified the topology files and it showing my relay as a out remote peer in peer analysis! no in peers is that right? and Then now i have one in peer showing on my relay. on your guide it says

"If everything went well you should see for each node (in ./gLiveView.sh press P for peers) the IP of the remote host to IN and OUT peers.

IF all steps went well the nodes should be connected to each other + the Relay should be connected with other public Relays"

so do i officially have a connection between my BP and relay? Am i ready to move on to wallet creation and pool registry ?

Yes, as long the Producer is sync u can start to create the wallet

Dear @Alexd1985, it is thanks to your guide and your help that LGBTQ pool validated her first block today!

"mulΘ›umesc" :bowing_man: :bowing_woman: :bowing_man: :bowing_woman:

4 Likes

Glade to hear it, FELICITARI!

ok setting up wallet now, getting this error ERROR: need β€˜bech32’ (command not found)
try β€˜sudo apt install bech32’
… i see in your guide it says to rebuild node. I am doing that now. I wanted to clarify what this step means ?
*check if this command (. β€œ${HOME}/.bashrc”) was configured *

I’ve rebuilt and i dont see bech32 or cardano-address. any ideas?

~/.cabal/bin$ ls -l
total 363268
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user user 82125024 May 6 06:11 cardano-cli
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user user 94918592 May 6 06:11 cardano-node
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user user 74864568 May 6 06:11 cardano-node-chairman
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user user 92449144 May 6 06:11 cardano-submit-api
-rwxrwxr-x 1 user user 27617240 May 6 06:11 cardano-topology

How did u built the node? Did u used option -o ?

*check if this command (. β€œ${HOME}/.bashrc”) was configured *

If u paste all commads same time (bulk) I think the bashrc command will not be pasted

rebuild really didnt help… oh well … I am just going to move on and see if i can register the pool. This step is only for recovering my pool wallet in case of failure right?

Nope, it’s for recovering the wallet , I saw that there are some issues with importing… I am testing right now… but u can move forward

Hello Alex,
I would now like to remove my pool from the blockchain and get my adas back on Yoroi. I am afraid of making the wrong move. Would you be so kind as to tell me the different steps to follow with CNTOOLS? Thank you in advance…

Go in cntools - pool - and retire/deregister. choose epoch 265
then wait to receive the 500 ADA back, u will receive them as a reward…
then go to cntools - funds - withdraw rewards, then deregister the address to get back the 2 ADA from stack, then move the amount from the pool wallet to your personal wallet and then delete the wallet (should be empty)

Cheers,

Thank @Alexd1985 and congratulations again for your efficient support and your availability …
I will now try to write smartcontracts! I’m not leaving Cardano!

3 Likes

Great decision!