I AM CONFUSED - Where Should I See My ADA COINS - Web or Daedalus APP?

How should I proceed in doing that - restoring the Wallet from the backup phase. When it synced to 100%, it came right back to the Wallet

Romain

When creating the wallet, Daedalus gave you 12 words and asked you to write them down. You can restore the wallet based solely on that phrase, wallet name and password doesn’t matter. Daedalus will rescan the blockchain and rebuild your transaction history.

1. Only do this if you’re certain the phrase you have written down is correct. If you’re not certain, try restoring to a different computer or virtual machine.
  2. Go to the wallet’s Settings tab, it’s on the right.
  3. Choose Delete wallet.
  4. Now that there aren’t any wallets in Daedalus, choose the Restore wallet option.
  5. Enter your 12 words, wait patiently until restoration finishes.
1 Like

Hayamoto Jr,

Good morning!

I am certain of my 12-word recovery phase - I did write it down. I have deleted the wallet and it is presently being restored - it says the next 14 hours.

I just don’t get it - after following all the instructions - downloading/syncing the wallet, creating the wallet, writing the down the 12-word phase phase, printing the paper wallet showing the wallet address that I sent the funds to (I even match the address before sending the coins) - why is it not showing in my wallet? Is this type of some bug or weakness in Daedalus? I have done all that I have been instructed to do, but yet, I just can’t see my ADA coins! What is going on?

The screenshot below shows the exact address that I got from Daedalus on Aug 29, 2018:

What indeed. It seems that you’ve created two wallets. The paper one is fully offline and its balance is not visible in Daedalus. The online wallet is not related to the paper wallet and will have different addresses, as you can see on the Receive tab. The paper wallet’s balance can be checked using e.g. Cardano Explorer.

1 Like

Hello RSWBitz, you say you sent to your address generated in the paper wallet. I think that address is not shown to you in the daedalus wallet

So, can I get my ADA coins to move from my offline wallet to the online wallet on Daedalus? Did I do something wrong (where did I go wrong)? Since, my ADA coins are shown in the offline wallet address, will I be able to send it to another wallet address (e.g. Coinpayments, Bittrex)?

I think my understanding is not clear regarding Paper Wallet (Offline) and and the Online Wallet? Please help me to appreciate the difference and what can I do to see my ADA Coins in the online Wallet or some other Non-Daedalus Wallet?

Romain

When you create a paper wallet, it won’t be stored or shown in Daedalus until you restore it. The paper wallet is in no way connected to your other wallets, it’s as if you created it on a different computer.

@rickymac made excellent videos on how to create and redeem paper wallet certificates.

To check the balance, there’s no need to recover the paper wallet into Daedalus, you can do it safely like this.

2 Likes