Introducing ANVIL Pool [ANVIL]

Hello Cardano community!

I am a family physician in Canada, born and raised in South-Africa. Prior to becoming a doctor, I worked in IT and networking for about half a year and got hooked and it developed into a personal hobby and passion.

I have been following and been involved in the Cardano community since 2018. I started this pool to help contribute by strengthening the network through further decentralization. I plan on only running a single pool and hope to help by starting my own guide on gitbook (work in progress) for non-technical individuals to learn how to run a pool. It is my hope that this will further help decentralize the network and reduce multipool operators.

I have done my research and set up my pool as securely as possible and followed all the suggestions by the Cardano stake pool best practice workgroup. In addition, I have a testnet pool I am running to further test and keep in reserve should I need backup servers.

Ticker: ANVIL
Pool ID: 9084ebeb011e610e695068a74fa883dac5eda55faca77107b5f40064

Pledge: 50,000
Current stake: 93,000
Fixed Fee: 340
Margin: 1%

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnvilPool

Pool Infrastructure

• VPS x3 – Mainnet (Ticker: ANVIL):
    • 4 vCores, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD
    • 1 Block Producer and 2 Relays
    • VPS each in a different location
  • VPS x2 – Testnet (Ticker: BLEH)
    • 4 vCores, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD
    • 1 Block Producer and 1 Relays

Pool redundancy

• Monitoring 24/7 via Grafana and Telegram alerts
  • Regular server snapshots for rapid recovery
  • Servers spread across different continents
  • 2x Backup servers (currently used as testnet servers) ready to be repurposed if necessary

Operator Experience

• Previously worked in IT / Networking
  • Experience running personal servers
  • Medical doctor
    • Dedicated and hard working
  • Ongoing testnet SPO

Why should users check out our pool?

As mentioned above there are two main reasons:

• Single pool operator – Helping to secure and decentralize the Cardano network
  • Teaching others – Through educating others with non-technical backgrounds how to run a stake pool safely and efficiently

I hope to further the Cardano network and prove my pool a reliable and safe place to stake your Ada. Thank you for your support!

1 Like