Introducing Melbourne Stake Pool [MELB]

Hi everyone, we (Chris & Alex) are two friends based in Melbourne Australia and are Cardano enthusiasts. We truely believe Cardano will change the world and we felt compelled to part of the network to show our support! We have a big friendship group and we are slowly encouraging them all to adopt ADA.

• MELB / 10,000 / 340 / 1.5%
  • www.melbournestakepool.com
  • info@melbournestakepool.com
  • pool1c4w9gx56t3stgt2n8g7qg7gur85kkrl6gpt9gdyfxs6fwwzfd48
  • Melbourne, Australia
  • Cloud based server system
  • Cloud servers guarantees 100% uptime.
  • Software engineer experience with external consultancy support.
  • Proudly Melbourne and proudly Australian!
3 Likes

Congratulations on first stakepool in Melbourne. I have one question and how you answer will determine whether I shall stake with you. Which team do you support? This will provide me with enough insight to make my determination.

4 Likes

Haha, well this is an important question for a Melbournian! I (somewhat painfully) go for North, Alex is a Blues supporter.
Appreciate the support!

2 Likes

Hi Melbourne Stake Pool! Happy to see a pool from my old home town… Looking to delegate soon - good luck!

2 Likes

Pain you say…St. Kilda supporter here so I can relate to pain.
Have you approached the AFL to start an AFL token (You could put forth a proposal on the Project Catalyst IdeaScale to source funds. I would certainly vote for it). Will be watching you guys closely and wish you all the best.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew! Where are you located the days?

1 Like

Interesting thought, I do actually know someone who works at the AFL. I’ll have a think about that one. Great idea.

1 Like

I’m located in Wide Bay, Queensland, originally from Melbourne. I would be surprised if the AFL has not been approached by someone but you never know. Any token system would need to have fairness at its core to receive support. I have been watching socios.com adding more fan tokens such as Barcelona and Paris-St Germain. Fans get to vote on things like away strips and get rewards for membership etc. If St.Kilda had a fan token I would absolutely be buying. P.S: Hope you get to mint your first block soon.

1 Like

But your relay is in US of A?

2 Likes

Noice !! Finally some Aussie blokes managed to open a staking pool. I run a small Cardano Community discord server with 1200+ cardano users in it. Feel free to join. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :wave:t6:

2 Likes

For now yes, but looking to move to local server in the near future.

Will do, thanks

Don’t forget to say Hello when you join. I am in Perth now. Lived in footscray for long time. :smiley: