Introducing PIGY Token

Is the breeding code working? Can we see the new blended pigy images on blockchain yet? I cant find any new blends.

1 Like

Yes, it’s been running continuously for the past two weeks. Sixty-two pig-image tokens have been created or bred. Here is the latest transaction today, which takes two images as input and outputs three images:

1 Like

Thats cool. How do I search for this ones parents?

Parents

PIG@2xQZAqhA5T8zeqjf

PIG@39iTGKXwrTSmzHEm

1 Like

You can search for PIG@2xQZAqhA5T8zeqjf in any of the online token explorers. (It’s unfortunate that the common wallets don’t display token images.) Does anyone know of a token explorer that shows images and metadata like pool.pm, but is also searchable by asset ticker?

If you want to view these in pool.pm, just use the following URL, where the ticker for the token is appended to the policy ID after a period:

You can also search and click in the family tree: https://pigy.functionally.live/family-tree.svg.

1 Like

Does the breeding code work with Yoroi? Yoroi cant send multiple assets in same transaction. Only works with daedalus?

It’s much easier with Daedalus, but we’ve set the service up so that it will combine multiple transactions coming from the same Yoroi wallet. (Smart contracts will make it easier, too, if wallets support those well.) Here is how to do the token blending in Yoroi:

1. Send the first pig-image token to the service address.
  2. Send the second pig-image token to the service address, from the same wallet as #1.
  3. Send one PIGY token to the service address, from the same wallet as #1. It’s important to send the PIGY token last. (If you happen to send the PIGY token first instead of last, then you can just send a transaction with minimum ADA alone, and a new image-token will be minted and returned with the PIGY. Then you can try again in the order #1, #2, #3. It’s not possible to blend if the PIGY is sent first.)

The service will detect that all three inputs came from addresses with the same stake address. As soon as it has enough PIGY and ADA from addresses with that same stake address, it will process whatever tokens were received, and perform the minting or burning accordingly. Sending the PIGY last will make sure that minting/burning doesn’t occur prematurely. (BTW, the service supports burning tokens, so that one can recover the min-ada associated with an unwanted token.)

Needless to say, having to do this with multiple transactions in Yoroi is a hassle. (It’s also a headache from the software development perspective, too.) We’re mostly stuck with this situation until Yoroi has better token-sending abilities.

1 Like

cnft.io does not recognize any pigy tokens or newly minted pigy not sure why it found my hashguardian and spacecoins all i did was connect my yoroi wallet to cnft.io account

Thanks so much for alerting me! I tested this for several of the pig tokens and see that cnft.io will display tokens if they only have the CIP-25 metadata for tokens (tag 721). If they additionally have other metadata such as CIP-20 message metadata (tag 674), then they aren’t displayed. The 721 metadata in the minting transaction is correct in all four cases I examined, but just the two tokens with only 721 display in cnft.io, even though all four display in pool.pm/tokens.

I just posted an issue on their github repository and pointed out that tokens with 721 metadata should be displayed regardless of any other metadata that might have been in the minting transaction.

1 Like

a second, third… key in a metadata content should not affect the outcome of the key 721. than the implementation on cnft.io is not made very well.

1 Like

Here’s some update. For PIGY family fans. We create new link about instruction to breed them in here
https://genetics.pigytoken.com
And For SPO who wonder which delegator is eligible receiving $PIGY you can check in here
https://statistics.pigytoken.com
In here you can find when the delegators first time join your pool, how long they stay, how many ADA they delegate to your pool, and the estimate PIGY the SPO can give.
This are all just a guide, all decision are in depend on each SPO.

4 Likes

Really nice and helpfull in general :smiley:

1 Like

PIGY is the Cardano DOGE. Except with a max supply and actual usecases. They have a $31.82B marketcap. Why not us? We need to be an SPO and use Blood/Sweat/Tears to even get some!:thinking:

I thought to open a PIGY faucet several times. But, then I realize if I really open the faucet, it will ruin PIGY token mission to help SPO’s. And if you own Cardano, trust me you don’t need blood/sweat/tears to get PIGY.
There are hundreds of SPO that willingly to give you for free by just staking with them. :blush:

1 Like

I’m not updating the list of SPO that own PIGY Token in this forum anymore. Feel free to check the latest update in our website pigytoken.com

Yeah. It’s a pretty easy process to get PIGY. I was trying to explain the process of being an SPO (which allows 10,000,000 PIGY awarded for distribution to delegates). Believe me, this was a dig at Doge’s marketcap, not at the process of attaining PIGY. Lost in translation, I guess lol…

1 Like

I did my $PIGY updates too, on pool’s website and adapools.org
Thank you,

1 Like

Thank you… and thank you for your support…

Clever.

The Good

• Incentivizing SPO and more decentralization
  • Providing alternatives to VC firms like Wave Financial that can game the protocol with USD
  • Helping the “small business” become relevant

The Bad

• No way to peg value to ADA
  • No control on reward distributions

The Ugly

• Anyone who mentions dogecoin or any garbage coin jokes :wink:
1 Like

Yeah, I already remove the dogecoin part. lol… But, I can’t edit my first post. So, just let it be. :joy:

1 Like

All good, I need a laugh tonight anyway :smile:

1 Like