Introducing The Legend of ₳da [TLOA]

• I’m Nicole and I’m from Hondruas. I’m a Civil/Structural Engineer. Since January this year, I’ve been teaching myself how to code. I started my crypto-journey this year. As soon as I understood the project behind Cardano and Ada, I was hooked. I decided to run a stake pool because it required coding skills, which I was developing prior to encountering Cardano. Being able to witness history being made with all of y’all and knowing that each and everyone of us are pioneers in this space, it’s something surreal. I look forward to creating a decentralized ecosystem with all of you. No matter which pool you choose, you are helping decentralize the system. Be part of the crypto revolution!
  • Ticker: TLOA
    *Pledge: 130,000 ₳ (to be increased every 2 months until it reaches 2M ₳
    *Fixed fee: 340 ₳
    *Variable fee: 3%
  • Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheLegendofAda
  • Pool ID / hash: b1327b613ed320224efa02726a6c32fedc54cfd60dd190b2eb79db87
  • Pool infrastructure: I am currently using two Raspberry Pi (RBP) Model 4B, each with 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD. They are exclusively running the nodes. Running on Linux 20.04 LTS ARM 64-bit structure. The Raspberry Pi’s are eco-friendly, using as little as 5 Watts of electricity. For backup of files, an encrypted device is used, to prevent unwanted access to the nodes and pool keys. With internet speed of up to 1000 Mb/s, the RBP is always connected to and in synced with the blockchain. As the servers are operated from home, they share the same network, meaning we can add an extra layer of security by using their private IP address on the topology files.
  • Pool redundancy: An extra relay running in the background, ready to kick in whenever it’s needed. Currently working on setting up Prometheus and Grafana dashboards to offer our delegators a way to monitor the status of the pool. Setting the dashboard allows us to get instant alerts of any changes on the pool.
  • Operator experience: I have been teaching myself how to code, and as most of us here, teaching myself how to set up and operate a stake pool. I participated in the STN, gaining valuable experience and exposure to what it means being a stake pool operator.
  • Business Plan: 10 Year Operations Plan (2030)
  • Why should users check out your pool?: I would like to give back to the Cardano Community, so we focus on translating documents/guides/articles about Cardano and the operation of stake pools. This allows the community to grow in size. I previously translated a guide on how to set up a pool on the Shelley Testnet. I just finished translating to Spanish a guide on how to set up a stake pool on the Shelley Mainnet. I have applied to become a Cardano Ambassador as a Translator, so hopefully some weeks from today we’ll see a nice ambassador badge next to my username. I am passionate about spreading the knowledge Cardano has to offer. I look forward to sharing our translations with the community. And to building a decentralized ecosystem with Cardano and the stake pools. No matter which pool you choose, you are helping decentralize the system. Be part of the crypto revolution!
3 Likes

Hi Nicole, you look like being a great asset to the community! :grinning:

Thanks Rob! I’m glad you think so :slight_smile: * need to translate more Cardano content intensifies*

1 Like