Is my pool "offline"?

Some folks told me my pool is kind of “offline”, it doesn’t look to be the case, I can delegate to it in Daedalus, relay is 100% operational on VPS machines 24h, some folks told me that I need to have opened the 3000 port to anyone to connect outside the VPS is that correct? I just can’t see any error logs but these messages tricked me because I just can’t understand if there’s something wrong here. There are no log errors…

what is your ticket?

WELON

thanks in advance.
I’m using an app named Pool TOOL, for some reason I don’t know it says my relay is offline… I don’t understand WHY it says that because my machine is running more than 9 days.

please check on this site your IP and your port ,
it must be open
https://portchecker.co/

also on the adapoolts.org we see your relay is RED
[WELON] The Wise Elon Musk | Cardano Staking

you should open this port on your relay to communicate with the rest of the network

great, the ports were not opened. I created another relay, do I need change anything in my json or its automatically catch by network? it still displays offline in Ada pools now but I’m sure its open and running maybe I just need to wait a little bit?
thanks

for which json file do you speak, i dont know how is the relay running now.

also, if you created a new relay? does the relay have the same public IP , as you register the pool?

Hi,

now my relay looks good in Adapools, my question its because I created another relay but doesn’t show in the website… do I need to register the pool again? I did update my pledge sometime ago but still show the old value of 100ADA.
the new relay ip is different 34.121.157.100
thanks in advance for your help

Everytime when u add a public relay u need to register it in the network, so yes u will need a new pool registration (without paying again 500ADA for registration)

Cheers,

yes, thank you I could make it using the same old tutorial I used to register.
I just didn’t need to pay the registration fee again… I added a new relay.

1 Like

correct,
and thank you Alex for the quick respond, i was away from internet for whole day.
tt

1 Like

Hi, I’ve a newbie question. I made a pool., its running. I paid the registration fee, etc…
How long do I need to wait before I can see my pool in daedalus?
Thanks

What is the ticker?

Alexd,
ticket is MIAS
I just register that yesterday
Thanks

U have few errors which should be fixed

https://pool.vet/#MIAS

AlexD,
Thanks for showing me this pool.vet tool. I’ll for sure send some ada to abc.
I don’t know what the problem is still.
I use the command “cardano-cli shelley stake-pool metadata-hash --pool-metadata-file poolMetaData.json” to calculate the hash and then send that hash in the registration command. I also have the poolMetaData.json file uploaded to git.io as “https://git.io/Js35d” I wonder why the stake-pool got a different hash that my poolMetaData.json file.

I’m going to reload the same file to git to see what happen.

Thanks

I recommended to other people to change the repository from main to master … u can try and register again the certificate (this time don’t pay 500 ADA)

Thanks

So if I corrected the file in the meta url so its check sum matches, do I need to just restart the producer node or I need to send some sort of transaction to the network to get that rechecked?

Sorry, I’m just too new at this.

Try to restart the node only but I think u will need a new registration, I’m not sure if u wanted to set the margin to 15%

yes, I created new registration with margin of 1%. I copied the script from coinscashew.com and didn’t realize their example was that high. So all it did was produce a new pool.cert file and then I just restarted the cardano-node. I don’t know what transaction I might have to send to the network to make it reevaluate my new cert file or I have to wait a specific duration of time. Thanks very much for your help.

U will need to submit the new cert to the network