Loading Daedalus wallet

Hi
New to investing in cryptos.
Please may I ask your help.
I have downloaded the Daedalus app on my windows laptop.
It tell me my machine is 30seconds out of sync with blockchain and to research in FAQs
There is no info in FAQs and as yet no response from email help.
I have tried resetting the laptop time manually, and with the two options in internet time. None make any difference.
Would anyone have any ideas please
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success. In fact after reinstall the out of sync time increased from 18 to 30 seconds.
Be grateful for any advice.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi! Sorry to hear that.

Did you try to manually shift time the specified amount of seconds back and forward? If I remember correctly, Daedalus does not say whether the local time is ahead or behind the server time. But I might be wrong if they fixed it, but along with this part:

It really sounds like the time were “fixed” in the wrong direction :slight_smile:

Also, did you restart the Daedalus itself between fix attempts? You need to close Daedalus before changing the system time, and then start it again.

Restarting the computer after fixing time might also help.

1 Like

Hi,
Many thanks for your prompt response :slight_smile: I did try moving the time in one direction but it made no difference to the 30 seconds out of sync time.
I did not close and restart the app inbetween changing the time so I will give that a try.

Is it a case of just trying to manually sync it? Is there no way of doing it automatically?

Truly grateful for your help :slight_smile:

Automatic synchronisation usually solves the problem, but you said you tried it with two time-servers, so I thought it didn’t work for some reason. You can check out this couple of tutorials:

1. How To Synchronize Windows Clock With Internet Time Server

2. Redirecting

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will give it a go later today when I am free.
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers::blush: