Mainnet rewards help please

Hi, I have not yet been able to fix this issue yet. Here is what I’ve been told: The next update of Yoroi should provide the method for us to recover our ITN staking rewards from before. They haven’t got it done yet. Apparently this is owned and being built by Emurgo not by IOHK. On a video with Charles he said that he thought it was going to take about 3-4 weeks to get this update done. That’s all I know - or think I know based on: a: Replies here on the Forum, and b. A recent AMA offered by Charles.

Just to amplify and expand on what Fabian says here. First, your ADA is on the blockchain, not in any wallet. Second, that means you can use different software to work with the same blockchain addresses (broadly speaking). Third, that means Yoroi users can go to AdaLite, redeem their rewards, then go back to using Yoroi. That’s what I did. Actually, I use all three, those two plus Daedalus, with the same wallet. So no need to wait, just do it! :smile:

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this? Rewards are per epoch and the average expected ROS is around 4-6% per year. That means on average you would receive around 0.06-0.07% of your stack as rewards per epoch since there are 73 epochs in a year.

I don’t see the merit in comparing it to the ITN as it’s a different system, but even more so, I would like to know how does 80 ADA per epoch in the ITN transfer into 400 ADA per epoch in the mainnet.

To the OP, if you want to understand the mainnet rewards system, I suggest this video:

Thanks, Rob. I’ve never used the Adalite wallet or Daedalus and I guess I’m a little nervous about trying one more new system. I’ll wait till I can claim through Yoroi, assuming it will only be a few weeks.

1 Like