Meetup group in Charlotte NC

Greetings everyone My name is Billy and I’m looking to see if anyone in my area (Charlotte NC) holding any meetup groups?? Please reach out if so or if your interested in starting a group ?? Thank you!!

1 Like

Man you probably just need to launch a Meetup, and start from there, sometimes our community is in an area but not following the forum closely, make sure to use the CF guidelines and advice and put it out on your local social media outlets, might take a few months before people really take notice, could be days though…

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks

Hi @Billy1 It’s great to hear that you want to hold a meetup in your area. Our anniversary is coming so you can celebrate the anniversary with the community in your area.

The Cardano Foundation team published a meetup ebook to help the community members who wants to do their first event. You can find the guidelines here.
Cardano Community Meetup Guidelines

Thank You Ms Kim!! I was actually looking to see if anyone has already started one… I now see there is not so i’m going to study the ebook and start to set one up… Very excited to see how it all goes…

1 Like

I live in Wilmington NC and im a Cardano investor/delegator… looking for a local community

@Billy1 Hi. I run a local meetup in South Florida. Pre-Convid, we had in-person meetup events only. Now, we host these events online via Zoom. I’m actually hosting one this Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST. If you want, you can join us to see how we run ours. I will be more than willing to give you some pointers and to be part of your meetings. I had one person from my group who started the San Jose meetup because he was inspired to start one for his locale. I was part of his inaugural meetup and it went well. It’s all about relationship building. Best of luck.

1 Like

I will first need to get a webcam and hook that up, But i am very interested. I cant join tuesday as we are traveling in for the holidays but I will be in close touch to catch the next one if thats ok… Thanks for reaching out!

Dan

No problem. You can host or join a Zoom meeting by phone. Don’t need a webcam. Your call. Stay safe on your trip and Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh cool! Yea thatd be awesome

im in east tennessee. :slight_smile: i may come out that way if u can do a meetup