Thanks for your interest in hosting a Cardano meetup in your country or city!
We’ve put together some guidelines to get you started. We wholeheartedly support community-run meetups to grow and foster our global community and to help share the goals and vision behind the Cardano project. If you’re ready, let’s get started!
Before Starting a Meetup
Please check if there is an existing Cardano Meetup group in your area from the webpages below. We encourage community members to join forces in the same cities.
Ask around. Post in our Forum’s meetup category to see whether there are any existing groups or organizers who have already started making the first steps. If you are the first to launch the meetup group in your area, keep on reading to start organizing your meetup.
First step! Read through the Meetup E-Book
The Cardano meetup ebook has everything you need to start your group. You can find the e-book here.
In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we also included several suggestions and ideas on how to hold an online (e-meetup) event(s) going forward. Please refer to it here.
Make a plan for your meetup
- Team up: Connect with other Cardano community members to help you with the meetup logistics, setup, promotion and outreach. You can use our many social channels and the Forum to find like-minded individuals in your area. We recommend having a team of 2-3 to host a successful event, but of course, we’ve seen outstanding meetups happen with one organizer.
- Make sure you have the time to take on this responsibility. Successful meetup groups will take commitment and consistent action.
- Picking a time and find the venue that best suits you in your area
- Setting out a meetup agenda
Content Development Tips:
Specify the audience and focus for your group: it can be for general interest and discussion, for developers and those interested in the coding aspect or something casual and social. The more precise you can be, the better!
Create an agenda for your specified audience. This helps make sure people know what they are signing up for.
If this is the first meetup in your city, consider a casual meetup where the agenda includes discussion on the goals and focus for your meetup group moving forward. This way, you can involve your local community and get feedback on everyone’s interests.
Further details on the planning process is included in the ebook so be sure to have a read through it!
Setup your meetup.com group page
All the Cardano Meetup group should have their own meetup page on Meetup.com. Start by creating a Cardano meetup group for your city.
For the integrity of the community meetups, we ask you to follow our instructions when setting up the page. In the meetup ebook, you will find a section specifically for setting up a Cardano meetup group with details on naming and formatting, as well as images and content that you’re welcome to use.
Help us help you!
Once your meetup group is set up, please fill in this form so we can share your group and event details to the wider, global Cardano community. This also helps us track your meetup group’s progress and activity, which help you become a Cardano Ambassador!
And when you promote the meetup group across your own social media, we kindly ask that you use the hashtag #CardanoCommunity!
Share your feedback
Your feedback will be a great help both for the Cardano community team and your next meetup. Please share your thoughts and experiences through the feedback form below!
Let’s share your meetup resource with the community
Cardano community meetup is happening from all over the world, and community members who were not able to attend your meetup would like to know what has been discussed and shared. This spreadsheet is to collect community generated resources such as slide deck, meetup video or recap and let the community enjoy the work of your’s and share ideas together.
Please feel free to fill out the template with as much as information you would like to share and let me know if you have any question regarding this.
Code of Conduct
- As always, we strive to create an open, welcoming community. As a Cardano meetup organizer, we expect the same code of conduct to be upheld.
- Please treat all community members with respect.
- We will not tolerate/support any groups or events that act in discriminatory behaviour.
- If you are aware of any meetup events or organizers who are behaving inappropriately (discriminating, scamming, phishing community members), please do let the community team know.
Finally, we would love to see and share any recaps and photos from your event. Please share photos and a recap of your meetup on the Forum or send them to our e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you all of you!
Please note that Cardano is not financially supporting community meetups at the moment. But you can apply to be our meetup organizer ambassador. Once you are an ambassador, we are gonna support you with some swags and we will add your meetup group under Cardano’s Pro account so you can better manage your group.
And did you know?
Being a regular meetup organizer for the Cardano community can make you eligible for the Ambassador Program. Read more here!