My current Experience (up to 04/08/2020) with Daedelus Wallet, Daedelus Flight v2, Daedelus TN v1, Yori Light Client

As a user, just wanted to confirm from my experience the following that:

1. Mainnet Daedulus Wallet now synchronises with Cardano Blockchain within 60secs after I close the application for a period of 12hrs. This is fantastic compared to even a week ago.

2. Daedelus Flight v1 took around 8hrs to sychronise with Cardano Blockchain. Initially, after about 6hrs, when it had reached about 88.7% and seemed to be stuck, I gave up and closed it. The following day, I restarted it and it picked-up from where it had left off, and within 2minutes it had reached 100% synchronisation. After that, it took less than 60secs to sychronise when it was closed down for 12hrs.

3. Daedelus Flight v2 took about 40 seconds to sychronise after installation. I had previously uninstalled Daedelus Flight v1. It also automatically included all the data from Daedelus Flight v1 which was fantastic! because I didn’t have to go through the process of creating a new wallet name and entering the passphrase, etc. Today, it synchronises about as fast as Yoroi!

4. Daedelus TN v1 now also sychronises with Cardano Blockchain within 30secs! A month ago it was unpredictable, and sometimes I had to close and restart it. Now,…that is history.

5. Yori Light Client - has always been very easy to use from the start. I have used Yori sychronisation to the Cardano Blockchain as a benchmark for the various Daedelus versions …

My Experience - Overall conclusion:

Fantastic effort IOHK! Daeduls Flight v2 is now about as fast as Yori after closing them for 12hrs and restarting them.

Keenly waiting for the next upgrade towards Shelley!

Stevod

4 Likes

Nice nice i see its slowly comes to shelly,pffff cant wait,but team&charles h, is working so hard dont want to disturb :muscle:in 6 months you gone be much in heaven what the team has done ,fantastic honest team&charles​:top: