My Yoroi wallet hacked

Hi, unfortunately someone hacked my pc and got access to my wallets and stole everything (including my yoroi) I can see the address they have transferred the assets to and through cardanoscan I can see my assets still are in that address
Is there something you guys can help me with? It was my all savings and I feel devastated :pensive:

Im really sorry for that loss but as soon as the transaction has been confirmed by the network theres nothing you can do about that.

You definitly should report it to your local authorities and hope for the best.

But what a local authority can do?
This is one of the biggest crypto market issue
Transactions are anonymous and you donā€™t know who is the person stealing your assets, and there is no way of get them back or find the people involved :frowning:

Unfortunately you caused this yourself and didnā€™t listen to any of the password warnings

Yoroi has a spending password.

The error to learn from going forward is:

NOT keeping your passwords on your laptop!!

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with Yoroi ā€¦

Write down your seed phrase ā€¦ securly
Write down your spending passwordā€¦ securly

Make a copyā€¦

present it to a trusted family member

Physical air gap from the laptopā€¦ forever.

Oh so sorry but i am not sure about thatā€¦ Thanks!

Hi guys,

I think I know the answer already, but I opened Yoroi today which has had my wallet on it for about 6 months now. I saw that I had 137 ADA earned by staking and clicked the woithdraw button to put it into my main balance. When I did this, it asked for my spending password which I enteredā€¦I thenj watched as my 2,800 ADA was drained from my wallet leaving me with nothing.

Opening the wallet now shows the balance as *******, not even as 0.00

When I view the transactions they display as ***** amounts

I assume that my Yoroi copy was compromised and when I entered the spending password a hackers bot immediately gained access and started draining my wallet.

Any suggestions ? Is there anything that I can do from this point except cry and give up on crypto as being too complex for the average guy to use securely ?

Sound like you just accidentally clicked on the eye icon, which hides all values in case someone is in the same room who should not see them (or you want to take a screenshot). Clicking on that icon (next to the main balance at the top of the interface) again should show your balance again.

1 Like

Thank you for the (eye) icon tip. I clicked it and can see all my ADA still there ! I canā€™t believe I have just dodged a bullet!

It makes me happy not just for myself, as I havenā€™t lost my investment, but because I am a long term investor. I havenā€™t sold any ADA since I started and intend to hold them for a decade more at least. I honestly believe in Charlesā€™ vision and I also believe he can achieve it. So happy I can remain a part of the Cardano network.

Hi, unfortunately someone hacked my pc and got access to my wallets and stole everything (including my yoroi) I can see the address they have transferred the assets to and through cardanoscan I can see my assets still are in that address

How was your pc hacked and how did you find your wallet address? I asked because though there might not be a solution for your problem it could help some protective measures for others in the future.

The ā€œissueā€ has been already resolved.

1 Like