Lost all ADA from my YOROI Wallet - HACKED!

Hello everyone,

I found out that my YOROI wallet has been hacked by someone and lost all my ADA. They all have been moved to this address listed below, listed is the path the tokens were moved

Mine : addr1q8wxlfg9vra4hf9jqgd0xj78earts8hdm52r7f688eyx8sxud7js2c8mtwjtyqs67d9u0n6xhq0wmhg58un5w0jgv0qqwzlrc4

First xfer to:
DdzFFzCqrht85GCz9AGXCUpbuUv8YqiB5t9RtXwC76iEXYzQCrUfccMh2NdyiVU318dSDuqgnTi7xMxKJc53nRZ7gsjQ5hHWDJQXQ2AL

Second xfer to:
“DdzFFzCqrhszAisfe4k7wNnA8Ue4L3AyHVpdeewZkyrfScRqRptz6RxzzVdbvYNscoq7cWyz69sECE2tKwC7gKFiqu5dzLZfTs3ez1xy”

Which i found from Blockchain tracing the transactions…Is there any way for me to identify which exchange this address belongs to ? , so i can reach out to them and see if my tokens can be recovered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It was my mistake to store the seed phrase in an online storage service without any encryption. Lessons learned.

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for sharing how the seed could be taken by someone else. Yes, writing down on a paper is the best way. Since you dont need to recover a wallet so often.

1 Like

Hello, It seems that I experienced the same issue at Yoroi wallet. I delegated 54K+ adas since february and I had 400 app. ada’s reward in my balance. Today the reward is “zero”, as I would widthrawed them.
It is very disappointing to deal with this matter, I use 2FA and Yubikey in another exchanges and this wallet does not work with of them…
I’ve already contacted to support of Yoroi, hopefully they could have an explanation or solution, if not I´d have to quit.

1 Like

Hi!

And where did you store your recovery prhase?

1 Like

Always in a piece of paper…never in the pc. Never been disclosed to any other party.
Pls help me out with this matter, and tell me if a hacker has done it, the full balance is in risk ?

Regards

And NOW my adas reward are back again!!

Could you tell me what happened pls? … Today the 451,64 adas are displayed in my account as rewards granted so far.
Looking forward your comments.

Regards
David

1 Like

there was an issue with Yoroi itself

it is a good practice to check the balance with the latest receiving address in explorer.cardano.org

1 Like

Hi, thanks for sharing your unpleasant experience. I am experiencing similar case from my Yoroi Wallet while staking in Pilot Pool. I am still waiting for the customer support’s response but there was in-wallet transaction before the ADA was sent to unauthorized address.

What is the best way to resolve this issue?

@handiman what’s your address, we can take a look at the blockchain to see what the in-wallet transaction was about.

Regarding the funds sent to an unauthorized address, most probably nothing can be done to retrieve them :neutral_face: Check for other options like if it is possible to report a theft to the authorities etc…

https://explorer.cardano.org/en/transaction?id=a2a8ba15476d01c74cfd9ff19573bbd7f46379f99a91197bbfa5e52eaac0fa65

Btw I was staking in Pilot Pool. Any chance of hacker takung that route?

2021년 10월 8일 (금) 오후 5:17, Nik via Cardano Forum <cardano@discoursemail.com>님이 작성:

If anyone can help retrieve my lost ADA, I will gladly reward 10% SOS!

2021년 10월 8일 (금) 오후 5:17, Nik via Cardano Forum <cardano@discoursemail.com>님이 작성:

This is so unfortunate :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:
This scammer’s address has several transactions going in:
https://cardanoscan.io/address/addr1q9a0xnvvl82ncy47vlwta3skpzr76ekc8sptl5awzgygc8xtyuklu5g5724h98pw8pscq39ukayathyfe3adzh8kvc8szc63ew