New to investing in crypto

Very thoughtful. Yes, you can post my question on your site. Be well.

The articles look great! Well done.

Donny,
You wrote, ‘Welcome! I hope your journey into the Crypto rabbit hole has been as enlightening as mine has been.’

I am interested to know about your enlightening journey into the Crypto rabbit hole, if you care to share.

Guess I am still sorting out when an active link in my post is considered overly promotional. Is that any link to the site I manage?

Thank you, Martial. It is a work in progress. What’s great for me is that writing it helps me clarify my thoughts, and as I expand the articles, I expand my knowledge of cryptocurrency.

I think as long as you do not spam the forum with threads to push your link and awareness of your site you could avoid the overly promotional label on a thread, I took a look at your BIO and all the info is included to your site and I think others will be viewing your profile as you begin to spend time on the forum, yet please forgive our mods if they do at some time flag or move something cause really the truth is many people do have the ability to do so and it is left up to their discretion.

I would recommend you using twitter to push awareness to your site to show others what you are doing, there is an army of Cardano supporters there and obviously your tweets would be coming from a personal account.

Yet do not leave us here on the forum high and dry! I do enjoy seeing your new enthusiasm for ADA.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Haskell-plus ,

Your thoughtful response is much appreciated.

I have tendencies in regards to forums which I regularly work on to stay in moderation!

My notifications of thread updates come to my Yahoo mail, with instructions to hit Reply. So I don’t see the thread in the same view that others might. An automated message came suggesting I use quotes to make it easier for others to read. I am cooperative, but don’t know how to comply with that suggestion. So I hobble along some in the forum, yet am enjoying it and receiving benefit.

1 Like

Just highlight the text you want to quote before hitting Reply, couldn’t be easier. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yep, pretty simple :blush:

Hey Rob,
Hope you and your family have stayed well during this crazy pandemic.

I wanted to dress two areas with you to see if I could get some help1 and enlist a number of folks to contact our @potus to encourage a blockchain voting system. On the second item it appears IOHK is already developing such a system for the state of Wyoming with the University as a pilot with the hope if it becoming a model for the US voting system. Having worked with some govt types I know the more people express an interest in something the more likely it is that it will happen.

My objective in reaching out to you as an Ambassador is to see if there is a way to circulate the idea through Cardano holders. Brad Parscale is the digital marketing wizard working for President Trump. If we could all encourage folks to (I’ll just use Twitter) contact President Trump and ask him to speak with Brad (His digital tech Genius) to discus taking a strong look at the Wyoming model and to contact IOHK_Charles about constructing a national blockchain voting system, just the number of contacts concerning this would be very helpful.

Back to item number 1. I had a serious problem with my Testnet Daedalus wallet. Some how it stopped functioning and everything folks recommended didn’t work. I could have 30 to 60,000 ADA locked in my testnet wallet. I was receiving almost 500 per cycle at one point. Then the crash happened and it never gave me access again.

I wanted to down load a new testnet wallet. My old one is still the first version so I probably have to download that version to enter my seed words to restore it. I tried to do this on the same computer that crashed but it would not download and open the program for the Daedalus testnet wallet. I’m getting another laptop to try again.

Here is my question. I want to download from the right place the right wallet. Can you give me a link to the right place to download the old wallet, (first version) before updates. Then I need to do the update. Can you provide a link to the update >>> specifically.

I’m asking for this and even I believe it’s a silly request but I have had so much trouble with this that I’m going to do silly stupid remedial steps to make sure I have to best shot at recovering my wallet so the ADA can be transferred to the new Mainnet Daedalus wallet.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, we’re fine thanks, hope you are too.

I’m neither an ambassador nor a US citizen, so really not the person you’re looking for!

You can’t download old wallet versions AFAIK but there’s no need, get the latest one here: https://staking.cardano.org/en/delegation

Thank you Rob. For some reason I thought you were an Ambassador.

Sorry to bother you with the request.

I appreciate the link.

Thank you again.

Craig

1 Like

Other than hearing about Bitcoin peripherally I first started getting interested in crypto in 2016. I kept seeing articles about Ethereum on a variety of business news websites which made me curious. Every time I read one my head would hurt because I had no idea what they were talking about. I had also started a new business around that time so I didn’t have time to research it. I asked my older brother to check it out as he is a programmer among other things. A couple of months later he emailed me to say that Ethereum was going to change everything. He tried to explain it to me and I still didn’t get it but at least I had confidence there was something to this. My interest was piqued enough that I got myself a Coinbase account and started buying a few coins. Fast forward to 2017 and I watched in awe as the price of Eth skyrocketed up. Greed is a fantastic motivator and at that point I started watching crypto videos on YouTube to learn more. In late Dec of 17 I found this video which introduced me to the Cardano project:

After that I watched the infamous Charles’ whiteboard video and His older Ted Talk:

Suffice it to say it all struck a chord with me and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Now my focus is on bringing more people into this ecosystem and doing what I can to make this dream of an inclusive decentralized global financial operating system a reality. Specifically I helped kickstart the NYC area Cardano meetup group and working with my older brother on several different crypto projects. As unusual as it sounds my brother has always wanted to create an open source accounting system in order to provide greater transparency for governments etc. He has been thinking about this since the early 90s believe it or not. You can imagine how excited he was when I told him to check out Ethereum. Any way that is the abridged version let me know if you have any questions as you chart your own course going forward.

1 Like