NinjaPool Cardano Staking Pool at the IOHK London Kickoff

Continuing the discussion from IOHK Meetup: "Symphony of Blockchains" in London, May 15th - see you there!:

It’s awesome to see the NinjaPool team attending the event. They are a great group of guys, whom I’ve had the opportunity to meet and share drinks with. :beers:

If your in London, don’t miss this meetup

3 Likes

That message would definitely look better as a response to the original meetup post

Is it appropriate for IOHK to be promoting a particular pool?

More like “Is it appropriate for @IOHK_Kevin to promote a pool”? :slight_smile: I think it is, if he removes IOHK logo as his avatar. We already have few IOHK_* people on the forum and not one of them uses any official logos as their photos, so people would not confuse their opinions with an official stand of the IOHK company.

2 Likes

@IOHK_Kevin
thats actually not the real slim etc ninja pool its another cardano fan using NinjaPool.io who we haven’t had the pleasure of meeting yet ; )
we do have a pool tho-

https://adastakepool.com

and we have about 200million ADA pledged to date from many fans in Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore ; ) so thanks to everyone in the community for supporting us -

we are busy setting up servers in HK/ Japan/ LA and Amsterdam and going to be offering some great deals for life for our friends and founders of the pool who get in when Shelley fires up…feel free to sign up and pledge!
https://adastakepool.com/en/contact

1 Like
  1. Please don’t promote your own pool in an unrealated thread, we have a special topic for this
  2. Your pool does not have “NinjaPool” neither in it’s name, not in description - your forum name is the only thing that have any relation to this discussion and looks highly unrelated to the pool you are promoting
  3. @NinjaPool_io is known and respected member of this community
  4. Original poster actually speaks about them, have link to their website, and mentions name “NinjaPool”. But you post your own link and declare that they are “not the real slim etc ninja pool”. This is a weird behaviour at least.

Flagged for spam.

@Bullish @RobJF @Andy_Hendrikx @tom.kelly @maki.mukai

3 Likes

www.ninjapool.jp
we have been around for a while too thus the confusion but we are stoked to see the community grow more than we care about a name ; ) just wanted to set the record straight as over the years a lot of the older members of the original slacks for Cardano and ETC got to know us as “NinjaPool” anyways hope to see you in Africa for the next big devcon!

1 Like

Ok, I didn’t know about this site. Sorry for that accusation.

But still stand by my points that:

1. This is not the place to make this point of multiple ninja-pools
  2. You still was promoting website with an unrelated name, which might look suspicious
  3. Still not nice to promote your own website when other pool gets mentioned in an unrelated thread

Your message did not look like “Btw, we also used to be known as NinjaPool but now we have different name”. I think it is better to create separate thread to announce these changes and provide there all the info, including old website and new website, and maybe why you chose to change the name. But please, in a separate topic. Thank you.

Thanks all good points -here are some of our comments to follow up ; )

1. This is not the place to make this point of multiple ninja-pools
    Actually any place where there is confusion and the true community member being contacted is an appropriate place and it is logical ( this is not the first time thus the confusion continues ; ) we are the older user of the handle and website and we have no problem with new users picking up the terms but etiquette should prevail in letting people know if your are causing confusion.

2. You still was promoting website with an unrelated name, which might look suspicious
    Still not nice to promote your own website when other pool gets mentioned in an unrelated thread
    it was in the context of explaining “why” we are not using the name “ninjapool” for staking very logical, we are not grand standing and have no reason to try on the other hand we dont think it is appropriate for a user handle of the community to be the web address of a stake pool, especially where older community members are confused and the newer Ninja Pool handle makes no attempt to correct the confusion. Trying to use a handle to promote a website or service is a promotional and marketing activity in my opinion forced on me when maybe I dont what one.

3. Your message did not look like “Btw, we also used to be known as NinjaPool but now we have different name”.
    we still are “NinjaPool” and an established business, there is “no used to be” we still very much are and will be and have that community handle across many blockchain related sites- we chose to call ourselves ninjapool not ninjapool.com or io because that is unnecessary and an obvious attempt to market something at every opportunity a post is made ; ( or a subtle for of spamming as some may call it.

I think it is better to create separate thread to announce these changes and provide there all the info, including old website and new website, and maybe why you chose to change the name. But please, in a separate topic.

I agree but if there is confusion by a community member that we have a relationship with ( and this is not the first time) we should try to clear it up, we have let it slide 3 or 4 times already and it keeps happening so time to set the record straight, like I said we are happy for as many people to us the words “NinjaPool” as they want but please tell the community if you are a “newer user” of the terms, and your newer use is causing confusion it is common courtesy ; ) we are all part of a community lets respect one another!

1 Like

Hi Kevin
Nice to hear that sharing drinks with you is the missing bit of information to become an official staking pool team.
so far our community here has relied on @tom.kelly 's testimony Official Position on Staking and Staking Pools

asking for clarification, please. thanks in advance

3 Likes

The contact link goes to an Internal Server Error

There appears to be some confusion here, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Our team is looking forward to attending IOHK’s London Meetup tomorrow, which is correct. However, @IOHK_Kevin may have mistaken us for an Ethereum Classic (ETC) mining pool group, which also appears to be known as ‘NinjaPool’. Our team has not shared any drinks with Kevin, but we would of course be pleased to do so in the future. We understand that NinjaPool.jp is related to ETC mining and not Cardano. The confusion would be that both sit under IOHK’s umbrella.

As far as we are aware we are the only Cardano Ada Staking Pool using the name ‘NinjaPool’ and our branding reflects this as our scope of business. There appear to be other groups called ‘NinjaPool’ relating to other cryptocurrencies e.g. ETC, Burstcoin, but we are not affiliated with these groups and are dedicated to Cardano ADA only.

@ninjapool we have never seen your group/handle active on this forum or on any other Cardano related media channels and using the name ‘NinjaPool’ for Cardano related business. We are long standing members, well known in the Cardano community and social media channels as ‘NinjaPool’ Cardano ADA Staking Pool. We certainly do not wish to mislead and will endeavour to provide clarifications as/when they arise/brought to our attention if we are mistaken with other cryptocurrency pools (e.g. NinjaPool.jp ETC mining pool). We would also hope that you do the same so there is no confusion within this community. We are dedicated to growing and supporting the Cardano community and acting as a reliable Cardano staking pool. We wish you all the best in your Cardano ‘adastakepool’ and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

7 Likes

This whole thread is a trainwreck :man_facepalming:

Thank you, @NinjaPool_io, for clarifications! )

5 Likes

thanks for clarification. Hopefully Kevin didn’t make you think you’d already been chosen as a favorite (ADA) staking pool.
Of course I wish that some professionally designed pools like yours would become effective pool operators who, together with other independent groups, create a great decentralized network.

4 Likes

Hello @IOHK_Kevin, thank you for promoting this meetup. All confusion about ninjapools aside. I just wanted to say i appreciate someone from IOHK taking a more active role on this forum. Can we expect more updates and participation form IOHK on here?

When will Axiom join the discourse :wink: :smile:

5 Likes

That would be a very valuable contribution to our community.

1 Like

@IOHK_Kevin just mentioned the group of people, not promoted the pool - what?

Haha so apparently I’ve had the pleasure of meeting NinjaPool #1, but have not met NinjaPool #2. Look forward to meeting them in the future. :handshake:

Nonetheless this meetup will be awesome!:smiley:

Take a chill pill man. Theres a difference between promotion and objective discussion. No need to start setting off alarms :smile:

Luckily, I do not have to.:slight_smile: To be clear, I do not give a sh*t who you are and what pools you are implementing where and how. What, I really care about is, the equilibrium between pools, means preventing ANY pool to grow too big, what Cardano is trying to solve.

And frankly, I hate any kind of bullsh*t marketings (in the sake of our friends/bla bla etc) of any source such as yours in this post as an example.

4 Likes