Old Daedalus Wallet Question

I did find my secret key file. I was wrong and it was on my desktop. Not sure how that helps me right now.

ok, secret key file not the secret seed words right? for the moment is not available the option to restore ur wallet with secret key fileā€¦ there is no ETA, so u should bkp ur file and wait till the option will be available.

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Hello @Alexd1985 ,

Could you kindly advise if it would be possible to restore my wallet using files in following folder - Windows : C:\Users[your user name]\AppData\Daedalus*.*

I am in similar situation, my Daedluas0.12 stopped working after the mainnet was released. I have installed daedlus v3.2.0 but not sure how to point it to my old wallet. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Donā€™t u have the seed words?

For actual version is not possible to restore ur wallet by importing files from another old versionā€¦ but next week version 3.3.0 will be release and it will support this option

So bkp ur files and wait few more days
Also u will need the spending passwors for ur old wallet

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I donā€™t have the seed words, lost it sometime in 2018.

This is great news though, hope the old wallet files are enough to allow access to the old wallet with the spending password. I will let you know it goes in another week or so.

The mainnet daedalus 3.3.0 is out! Itā€™s time to recover ur ada!

Upgraded to 3.3.0. The import option using ā€˜secret.keyā€™ file worked like a charm :slight_smile:

I would imagine this restoration feature could help in recirculating plenty of locked ADA. Hope this helps many more.

Thanks and Cheers!

1 Like

congrats, if you are thinking to delegate, I will appreciate if you will support me

Cheers,

I have been out of touch with developments in Cardano for a while. Would you mind sharing any link or video that I can refer to understand ADA delegation better.

Also, let me know how can I support you through delegation ? do you run a pool ?

Yes, I run a pool, check my profile :slight_smile:

Also read this to understand better the delegation process: