逆三角形の法則 - or: ''The rules of the inverted triangle''

Let’s do a poll about the Cardano project.

Q: Where do you think the Cardano project stands in the visual below?

Please vote here:

• Number 1
  • Number 2
  • Number 3

0 voters

A little bit of background to for this visual:
In Japan they call this 逆三角形の法則 - ‘‘The rules of the inverted triangle’’. It’s from a Japanese business lecture my wife attended to for her work, some time ago. So I thought I’d make this super simple visual to help people see the correlation between: preparation - execution and results.

Whenever you’re setting up a (new) business/project/initiative (or whatevs), it is wise to have a clear vision of how to best prepare it, execute it and eventually get the best and longest lasting results. The above principle is applied in various domains, all across the globe, but in Japan they take the above quite serious and you’ll often see businesses/industries striving for number 3.

As you are probably already aware, the Cardano project is quite the rigorous project with a lot of R&D, peer review, formal specifications, that also includes top notch academics, universities and so on. These are necessary steps that need to be completed before moving on to the actual execution.

The better you prep…the the faster, and the shorter time, it takes to execute. As Charles and others have explained more than once on various media, a lot of the basics/fundamentals and coding is ‘done’ and are awaiting said execution. This, to me, suggests a rather ‘short’ execution time frame (yay!) and I think we’ll see a lot of this ‘implementation’ happening the coming months and throughout 2019. And because of solid prep and swift execution…you’ve guessed it, the end results will be longer lasting and have a bigger impact on the financial stack Cardano is aiming to revolutionize, restructure and rebuild.

I hope this visual makes sense and helps to understanding where the project stands, with their methodology. (Feel free to use it as a measuring tool to see how other projects are approaching their projects and goals, too. You may be surprised! ! :wink:

5 Likes

3 is better than 1?

Yes, as you’d want to have/create and environment which generate the best possible (and longest lasting) results, imo.
(Edit: oops! Just noticed I wrote number 1. That should have been ‘number 3’. It’s changed now. Apologies.)

1 Like

Bump + update:

Interesting to see the above results, in comparison to the poll I held on Twitter.
The results are as follows: https://twitter.com/Katsumoto87/status/1087531576769069056

Most thought #1 is where Cardano stands, however, on the Cardano Forum this is believed to be #3 (the one I also view as the number where Cardano stands as a project.)

This suggests the users that were active on this forum and thread, seem to be ‘better informed’ about the Cardano project, and more capable of understanding the above visual’s correlation between:

Preparation - Execution - Results

Unfortunately, only 7 people voted here and about 108 people on Twitter.
Regardless, any feedback is welcome, it’s not like I do these things on a day to day basis!
Thanks for whoever participated! Poll closed.

1 Like