Please assist. Having issues connecting my hard wallet to the Yoroi application

This is just a pop up that appears on windows when your ledger try’s to export your public keys. Connect your ledger then open up the cardano app on your ledger first before opening up Yoroi or Adalite. Once you’ve done this open up Yoroi or adalite and try to connect when you’ve done the first step. You will get the pop up but just ignore it and on your ledger device you will see export public key. Approve this on your ledger and it should work. If not you might need to update the drivers

1 Like

Hello,

I followed all your steps and got to the point that I exported the public key to the Daedalus application then nothing happens. I can obtain the address to recieve my ADA from the exchange but I was waiting for that address to appear on my Ledger Device so that I can verify that the address is correct. That is the way the Ledger Live application works and what I have read I should always do is compare the address on the desktop application to the one showing on my ledger device - no address shows up on the device.

Please advise.

Al

Read this

And watch this Youtube video

Hello Andreassosilo,
First of all thanks so much for your assistance. This whole process has been rather nerve wracking and stressful. I didn’t realize there was so much technical requirements to own cryptocurrency!

I just successfully transferred a test receive to my Daedalus wallet and it arrived!! I am partly relieved. At this point before I transfer larger amounts I really want to make sure that this transaction is safe on my ledger device even though I see it on my desktop in the wallet window as I had some issues exporting my public key from my device when I was asked.
So my questions are:

1. If I can see the ADA which I received in the Daedalus window does that mean that it is secure on my Ledger Device?
  2. What happens if my computer dies and I have to reload the Daedalus program, once I reconnect my Ledger will I be able to see my ADA balance - no passwords or other keys needed?
  3. On the Youtube video it describes how to confirm that the Daedalus progam I downloaded is legit. Is there a way for me to determine that at this point?
1 Like

If I can see the ADA which I received in the Daedalus window does that mean that it is secure on my Ledger Device?

U can test it by connect ur ledger on adalite.io or on yoroi chrome extension; if u see the funds then u succesfully sent them to ledger and now u can move all funds to ledger

What happens if my computer dies and I have to reload the Daedalus program, once I reconnect my Ledger will I be able to see my ADA balance - no passwords or other keys needed?

Exactly, no password needs or seed words for restoring the wallet; also u can connect the ledger with yoroi chrome extension or on adalite.io everytime when u have issues with daedalus

To connect ledger to daedalus:

• choose PAIR

To connect ledger to yoroi:

• add wallet (shelley era) - connect ledger

On the Youtube video it describes how to confirm that the Daedalus progam I downloaded is legit. Is there a way for me to determine that at this point?

Download only from official sources like

Anyway… using a hw wallet u always need to confirm the transaction on ledger device… so ur funds are 100% secure! But always check the transactions before to submit them

Now it’s time to delegate; choose a pool and watch how ur balance receive rewards :wink:

It will be a 5-6% return on long term (1year)

Happy delegation!

1 Like

Hi again @alt161 ,

First, congrats on your successful transaction from exchange to your Ledger.

I think @Alexd1985 already explained & answered the whole thing. But let me answer question no.2 → “You just need to install Daedalus again in your new PC. And then paired your Ledger Nano S again. Your ADA will still be there.”

Don’t forget to delegate/stake your ADA, to get 5-5,5% reward. See this article below:

Staking and delegating for beginners

And if you want, you could check the tutorial/beginner guide that I posted below

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to ask. Wish you a nice day! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

Thanks for the reply. However I am not able to use neither Yoroi nor Adalite. My windows security won’t allow it. I’ve tried many approaches. Is there another way to make sure that the test 1.0 ADA I sent today is infact securely connected to my ledger device?

Al

Hello Andreas,

For my question # 1: I cannot use neither adalite nor Yoroi as my windows security will not let me. Is there another way to ensure that the 1.0 ADA which I recieved today is secured on my ledger?

1 Like

Do you have your Transaction ID where you send 1 ADA from exchange to Daedalus? You can check the transaction using Cardano Explorer, and verify if it’s going to your wallet address → Cardano Explorer

Could you try again using Yoroi, by using Google Chrome as web browser, and install Yoroi as extensions? And just connect your Ledger Nano S in Yoroi. You should be able to see your 1 ADA in Yoroi also. Any screenshot, why windows security doesn’t allow Yoroi?

Delete the ledger wallet from daedalus and pair it again !!! Be careful to delete the ledger wallet !!!

Cheers,

Hello,

I’ve attached a screen shot. This Security Alert is not uncommon as per blogs I have read. It is very annoying because it takes many tries to have it connect to your wallet, even when you move the alet to the side and proceed. This is the same with Yoroi. It’s a bug in their extensions and they should really fix it. Makes it hard to invest in Cardano.

BTW… I succeeded in transferring all of my ADA off the exchange finally! Thanks for all of your help. It is much appreciated. I was losing my mind and patience.

1 Like

Hello Alex,

Just wanted to thank you for all of your help. I succeeded in transferring all of my ADA off the exchange finally! I hope to try to get involved in earning some interest on my ADA. That will be a challenge for another day.

After what I’ve gone through I somewhat hestitant to try and do anything again like send my ADA elswhere… I’m just not that technical.

Al

1 Like

I am happy for u!

Happy delegation!

It’s time to earn some rewards!

Tomorrow night is the snapshot;

1 Like

How did you manage this? When the “Touch your security key” window is open on my computer, the entire web browser is locked and unusable.

1 Like

I just let it process for a minute then I moved it over to the side. It is hit and miss. I only get it to work one out of about 8 to 10 tries.

1 Like

In answer to your question 2 “What happens if my computer dies”. The MOST important is to secure your 24 word recovery phrase of your Ledger Nano X.That is your backup.When your house burns down with your computer and Ledger in it, you can recover your Ada with the recovery phrase (and a new computer and new Ledger).
See: Cryptocurrency wallet - Wikipedia

1 Like

Hello,

So to be clear. If my Daedalus Program currenlty on my computer is accidentally deleted or removed or my computer dies. I can redownload the Daedalus Program, then reconnect my Ledger wallet and then I can access my ADA again?

I assume there is “Restore Wallet” option in the set up of the new copy of the Daedalus program I downloaded?

Thanks

Al

1 Like

Hello,

Yes, u can pair ur ledger with daedalus (add wallet - pair) with yoroi (add wallet - connect ledger) or connect on adalite.io

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi @alt161 ,

I use Daedalus with Ledger Nano S also. What you need to do is just install Daedalus desktop app in another PC and then just click the “Pair” button in Daedalus to pair with your Ledger. No need to create another wallet.

Have a great day!

THanks for the quick response.

I viewed a video on Youtube for the following procedures:

When I want to sell my ADA in the future and send ADA to my exchange from my ledger connected to the Daedalus wallet interface, It seems that I need a “spending password”. Where would I get that from?

1 Like