Pool Server hardware

Hi Alexd,

I have an issue when I follow your guide regarding import a wallet using mnemonics, I have tried to sudo apt install bech32,
but it shows an error :
“unable to locate package bech32”

I have tried to rebuild the node with no success.

Hope you can help me out again :smiley:

Thanks in advance!

U need to rebuild the node but use -o option

The “-o” flag against script below will download cabal.project.local to depend on system libSodium package, and include cardano-address and bech32 binaries to your build

$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh -o

Hi Alex, Tried to rebuild using -o option but I get same error when I try to import mnemonic wallet.

but it still shows the error :
“unable to locate package bech32”

Any other idea, what I have done wrong??

Check if u have the files from step 5

This is the files that I can only see
cabal

~/.cabal/bin$ 024 Apr 23 23:58 cardano-cli
-rwxrwxr-x 1 cardano cardano 94918592 Apr 23 23:58 cardano-node
-rwxrwxr-x 1 cardano cardano 74864568 Apr 23 23:58 cardano-node-chairman
-rwxrwxr-x 1 cardano cardano 92449144 Apr 23 23:58 cardano-submit-api
-rwxrwxr-x 1 cardano cardano 27617240 Apr 23 23:58 cardano-topology

Thanks for your time, hope you can help me figure this out :slight_smile:

U will need to rebuild the node this time with -o option


sudo systemctl stop cnode

cd ~/git
sudo rm -R cardano-node
git clone https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-node 
cd cardano-node

git fetch --tags --all
git checkout 1.26.2


echo -e "package cardano-crypto-praos\n  flags: -external-libsodium-vrf" > cabal.project.local
$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh -o

Hi Alex,
Tried again, but I still get same error.
Any other way I can install the bech32 package ?

and u can’t see the files in cabal folder?

U can check for other comments on that topic… there were more people which had the same issue but they fixed

Thanks for your time Alex, I would try to see if someone else had the same issue

Hi Alex,
me and MrJohn managed to fix the above issues. Our pool is now up and running thanks to you and the other contributers on this forum.

Thank you very much for all the help :slight_smile:

Hi Alex, I have a doubt about my hardware wallet which was delegated to a stakepool. Now that I have registered the pools certificate I have pledged the amount which was on my hw wallet. But when I check my HW wallet it is still delegated to the stakepool and not un staked. Do you know if this will have give any issues ?? Is it possible to undelegate a pool again ???

Thanks

Hello,

The pledge should be delegated to ur pool… delegtate from hw wallet to ur pool.

Cheers,

Hi Alex,

I have a an issue with my node which is not syncing, it is stuck on “starting”

And I have noticed that my KES expiration date is set to yesterday 29.04.2021.

When I go to cntools → pool → List

I can see that my KES is set to expire 01.08.2021

Have you encountered this error before ? Do you have anything I could try to fix this?

Thank you so much for all your help

And I have noticed that my KES expiration date is set to yesterday 29.04.2021.

Restart the node, should show u the right expiration date after…

I have a an issue with my node which is not syncing, it is stuck on “starting”

Did u updated the node?

yes I followed you guide and updated to 1.26.2

I have restarted a couple of times now and waited up to an hour with no progress

No problem, it can take more than 1 hour, it will start be patience

Cheers,

It has an uptime of 2.30 hours and still stuck on starting,
Should I wait or do you think its another issue??

Wait, if u press top u see the CPU around 100% right?

no, between 3% and 6%