Pools ranking in Daedalus in the beginning

Hi

Few days ago, I selected one pool, who was 1st. Today I see the pool is in 655 place. Should I replace the pool or just wait untill first rewards?

Pool ranking is irrelevant at present, so wait for staking rewards.

1 Like

Pool ranking in Daedalus is not active yet, they are rotating every few minutes.

Regards, MICRO pool

2 Likes

Until there is sufficient data for the statistics, the ordering is indeed random. But it is based on a seed that is constant for each user.

So that means every wallet user will see a different order, but the order will not “jump about” for the same user.

If anyone is into the very deep details the bit of code can be found here: https://github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-wallet/blob/ac9e1d0b04d901eec6904d5951e81fac50150357/lib/shelley/src/Cardano/Wallet/Shelley/Pools.hs#L225

3 Likes

so it will depend how much ada I have in the wallet?
I also dont understand the slie above, where I can set how much ada I want to stake, currently is not working?

Yes, the main point of the slider is to calculate if the pool get saturated by your amount. I think for now it’s okay to ignore this feature unless you want to delegate a huge amount of ada, and even then you still have the randomised ranking.