Possible BTC bubble burst, and how this can affect ADA?

Definitely… I had been sitting on the sidelines since 2014 when I could have bought BTC at $300+ each. Finally decided to risk some of my fiat investments into cryptocurrency (November, 2017)… This is when I found out about ADA and decided to go all in, even knowing the risks (for having all my eggs in the same basket…) It’s a risk I’m willing to take… I have full faith in this team and project and if there is not a bubble or crash in the next couple years, I’ll be glad to have moved my money to ADA…

Some risks we just gotta take. Otherwise we would never know what could have been… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Actually you may be in the wrong and potentially on the right. I’ve been hearing of a lot of people planning to place their income tax money into cryptocurrency. I feel like we will have a huge pump in the next coming months. It will become unsustainable and then we will see a big dump. But then I’m holding ADA for at least 3 years so I’m not concerned to what happens in the short therm.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally agree with this - “a huge massive PUMP in the next months > leading up to a big dump”

My intention is to try to build up a nice supply of ADA. Sure, if I get a strong feeling the dump is surely on the verge of happening, I’d sell-out > let the dump happen, then buy back into ADA a much bigger position than before.

Maybe I’m “unfaithful” buy my plan (after actually getting some ADA!) is to keep a very keen eye on the concrete indicators of an upcoming dump… really brainstorm and try to second guess what could trigger it - then track these things…

I respect the philosophy of NEVER SELL - a buddy of mine has probably 50 BTC and he will NEVER SELL even tho I’ve been trying to convince him to sell and buy a house… he won’t sell cuz his conviction is so strong.

Anyhow, I also don’t mind if I mis-time the bug dump - I’ll just use it as a buying opportunity and keep holding ADA. I am so impressed by Cardano, Charles, the philosophy, the academics, the team, the patience, and the buzz they created so quickly > I think Cardano can easily become #1.

I like that the number of coins is so high because that will mean much less volatility but rather just a slow steady increase in value… slow steady constant… that’s what I am looking for, something I can use as real money to operate my business with. . . . . . I hope this dream comes true.

1 Like

The mania hasn’t even started yet. Wait til retirement funds start getting invested into it when ETFs hit the market.

1 Like

May be is a bubble, may be not, but there is also the possibility that current behavior is due to mass adoption as storage of value. If you compare the parabolic growth of BTC with other historic adoption curves, they are quite similar, the only difference is the time frames, while in traditional markets the time is measured in years, in crypto similar movements occurs in days or even hours. Look for instance the stock prices of Apple, Facebook or Google over the last 10 years, they represent the adoption of smartphones, social networks or search engines respectively.

4 Likes

Hashgraph could be the bubble popper

1 Like

i
I had never heard of Hashgraph until @Paddington mentioned it and its quite an eyeopener, anyone got any thoughts on it ?

No plans to introduce a crypto currency apparently and can’t do smart contracts but the founder has hinted (though admirably reserved but seemly confident) that he thinks it may affect the blockchain market.

1 Like

Its defo something to keep a close eye on i think

Hashgraph is closed source so a no-go for me. I’m sure most have seen it but Byteball is a DAG and and so is IOTA from my humble understandings.

The Hashgraph sounds alot like a neural network to me.

Well, I guess I was right… the BTC bubble is bursting big time. . . . ADA seems tied to BTC but is holding out relatively well.

Its still just a 35% correction, had quite a few of those lately already.

1 Like

Time will tell, but I bet it is the start of a 12 month massive bear market - ending with BTC leveling out between 3000 - 4000… then all cryptos will rise again.

This is my guess.

There is no way I’m putting any money whatsoever in cryptos for at least 6 to 12 months… my guess is that ADA will bottom out at less than 1 cent… then I am going to buy a TON ::slight_smile: :slight_smile: and HODL.

If I had a whole bunch right now I would sell all.

…but that’s just me.

What are you basing this off of?

1 Like

Good luck, I think the correction will be over after January. Volume will pick up, plus the tuts are coming in the market. Goldman sachs stated they will be entering the crypto market. Seems to me this is a dip created by the big boys so they get in at the lowest price. This bubble isn’t even near popping. Hell, crypto use isn’t even mainstream yet. As NASDAQ and other exchanges list crypto ETF’s the big money will come in.

When the price goes down, buy more. That’s how to play this market with ada. Sell your art, save your pennies and buy more. Down to 20p buy more. Down to 10p buy more. Down to 5p buy more. Don’t sell anything, just keep buying. No one knows what the future holds on short term crypto markets, when this thing starts to rocket, you won’t be able to predict it, don’t thjnk you will but the technology is good, buy it and wait.

1 Like

Just my opinions, and I am certainly no expert. However I did predict the beginning of this nose dive to pin-point accuracy. Just one day before the crash I was practically begging my dear friend to sell his BTC and buy himself a house (he has TONS of BTC - and I have almost none)… my friend of course wouldn’t listen, and in the last few days has lost about $500,000 on paper.

Anyway, to my mind it is a no-brainer that the entire crypto market is in a massive bubble - so just look back at the price graphs of previous BTC bubbles and the DOT COM bubbles… in truth the bubble burst does not just happen over-night, it takes over a year or more for the final bottom to hit. If BTC never had this bubble, then natural growth price right now would be around $3000. That’s why it is going to go down to there.

Now a couple of things to keep in mind… BTC is NOT delivering on it’s promises at all. It is a pain in but to use, and expensive… it is obvious that it can only function well with a small user base. Mass adoption and it is toast… Now everyone sees this and are bailing out.

The other main factor to mention is that everybody knows that FIAT money is the biggest criminal scam of all time, and those running it are not going to give up without a fight > so it is a no-brainer that they are currently executing a well thought out plan to attempt to at least weaken crypto and buy some time to figure out what to do next… so, so far IMO the way this plan has unfolded is this>>>> we all saw how after BTC crossed 10,000 it suddenly SHOT UP thru the moon, and it would only take a fool to assume that this was coming from investers like the average Joe user… no no, this IMO was the BANKSTERS injecting BILLIONS AND BILLIONS into BTC. The idea was this: Totally puff up the entire crypto space with tons of money… create a massive mania around crypto get everyone talking about it and investing in it… to the point where a mass euphoria sets in and everyone feels that the money is flowing forever… this was the mind-set just one week ago! >>> next phase of the “BTC KILL PLAN” was to wait for the perfect moment to ‘pull the plug’… and what was that moment??? It was the moment when Charlie Lee suddenly announced that he sold all his Litecoin… put that together with the Coinbase/BTCCash controversy and bingo you have your moment to PULL THE PLUG. >>> to then the banksters suddenly sucked out all of their money - the money they had pumped it to puff up that market.

The Result: Panic sets in and all newbies sell, get burned, and forever hate BTC. Then they accuse Charlie Lee of corruption… they accuse coinbase of corruption… and right at this time the entire BTC network is so incredibly clogged and overloaded that people are having to wait days for transations to go thru, paralyzed and having to just sit and watch their investments crumble.

Bottomline is that the massive bubble of the last few months has show us clearly that cryptocurrencies are not yet ready to take over… they WILL take over, but they need improving first.

The big banks have succeed in setting BTC back a lot. It would have been much better if the growth would have been very gradual, and slow, giving the tech time to gracefully catch up to new requirements… so the banks decided to create a huge fake bubble > the ultimate affect of which will be to ruin many people and traders financially and give a big bad taste in their mouths for crypto.

The good side of the bubble is that it shows us clearly what we need to do - where the weaknesses are - and what the potential is.

So, myself, I am just going to sit quietly on the sidelines for a year or so and wait until few people are again talking about cryptos… when all the mania has gone away and there are a handful of remaining GOOD projects… then buy a ton of them for cheap, and wait another year or two for the next bubble > sell at the top and get rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

You make a lot of good points, you could bet a 1000 $ option trade on you being right. If you are you will have 5000 - 8000 to buy more crypto when the market recuperates. I will continue trading though. Making money in a bear market is not easy but very doable.

2 Likes

Well, I wish you best of luck > time will tell.
However on deeper thinking I will revise my previous prediction for ADA. I guess that ADA will hit an all time low of 12cents within 6 - 12 months.

I do completely agree with you BULLISHDONG that ultimately crypto will prevail - but I strongly believe that that will not happen during this BULL MARKET. The fact is undeniable that cryptos are still a long long long way off being able to support mass adoption. There NEEDS to be another long LULL in which developers can brainstorm and figure out how to make a “mass-adotion-crypto”… at that time there will begin that truly INCREDIBLE PERMANANT GROWTH.

…but these are just my humble opinions - I might be completely wrong.

1 Like

BULL, just be careful and cautious. I know the theories… “buy a bunch after a strong dip - then sell after a bounce-back”… but one of these days there maybe not be a ‘bounce-back’ and you could get severely burned. Be careful my friend.

2 Likes