Possible BTC bubble burst, and how this can affect ADA?

Its not a company its just software

Those who hodl or trade and are heavily invested want to believe that this is just a “correction” as opposed to the beginning of a prolonged BEAR. I would share your sentiments IF BTC really worked as it is supposed to as mass adoption kicks in. Everybody can see now that BTC can not handle huge volumes (yet).

On top of that this massive dip has kicked the ass of the deep confidence that was present just one week ago. The HoneyMoon is now over, the deep trust is gone. All you have left are those hanging on to it in the hope of a comeback - and others trying to make money off BEAR volatility.

All cryptos are now going down for t he count simply because they are nowhere near ready yet for mass adoption. No more 60 cent ADA, no more 20000 BTC… not for at least 12 months at the very earliest.

From what I can see, traditionally bubbles burst over a period of a year or two at least… but these days everything seems majorly “sped up” so my guess is that the market will bottom out within 6 months, then begin to recover. Developer now know exactly what the issues are and are going to be working like mad in a race to solve the big problems >>> someone will solve it, develop a new Super Coin (ADA perhaps??) and the market will take off again and next time cryptos will not ‘crap-out’ as mass adoption ensues… the true revolution will begin.

my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Thats a pretty negative perspective. I dont agree that ADA will be 1 cent lol.

I hope your wrong as I bought in at .46 at quite a large amount.

I do however know I would regret missing an opportunity more than losing what I feel is far less than life changing money.

No I thought more on it, and changed my prediction - I don’t think it will go below 1 cent, but I guess it will bottom out in about 6 month at between 10 and 15 cent, and then slowly build back up again > and eventually skyrocket.

I think there is one possible positive possibility for ADA in the short term, and that is if people shift out of BTC over to ADA instead of USD. But in my opinion BTC is going DOWN big time and will drag the altcoins with it.

But make your own predictions… I’m no expert. :slight_smile:

The theory implies that untill that moment I will be able to increase my position. If it didn’t bounce back it wouldn’t matter if I was trading or not since the value is going down.

A good strategy is trading on the bounce backs with 10% of your FIAT holdings. After a successful trade you rebalance your FIAT holdings by adding some of the winnings and recalculating how much the 10% is, this way I can only get burned for 10% (and for that to happen the value of btc would have to drop down to 0$).

What you were describing in a previous post is actually the same as buying strong dip and wait for a bounce back, the only difference is you are trying to time the market over a very prolonged period of time. You are effectively trying to pin point where the bottom would be. Maybe you hit it and get lucky, or maybe you didn’t time it correctly and your whole portfolio goes down more after a month (if it goes down 10% after you thought you bought at the bottom you would have lost more then me.)

I certainly agree with some of your macro views on this, I’m just saying that you should be carefull as well. Happy holidays!

No doubt we all must be very careful - it is a risky game. History never repeats itself EXACTLY ;D :smiley:

Yes very difficult to “time the bottom”, that’s why I intend to do “time cost averaging” when buying in. In other words: once it starts looking like a real bottom - then begin buying in at regular intervals - thereby price averaging over time to minimize risk of a big mistake.

But I’m not certain of ANYTHING. In fact cryptos themselves might not even go back up again after the crash — it might be an entirely different new tech that steals the show next time > like hashgraph or something.

I think your idea of percentages is very prudent - stick to this and you will be fine. You’ll lose once in a while but overall you’ll gain.

1 Like

Ada at 36p, up 25% in 24 hours. Trajectory certainly doesn’t seem to be towards 1p at the moment.

Obviously you are a noob to crypto. How are you going to foresee a crash so u can cash out then buy on the low ? Do you have a crystal ball ? You can’t predict it and will likely be waiting a long time as the coin increases in value.
Crypto investment can be simple: Don’t invest what you can’t afford to lose, do research and buy a quality coin. Thats it. I’m surprised you didn’t mention Tulips - Jeeeezus.

1 Like

Wow another expert. You should make billions with your power to see the furure.

ADA is going up while BTC is going down… my guess all along is that ADA will do better than BTC - now in the short term, and also in the future. That’s why I bought ADA and that’s why I’m on this forum.

My guess is that sometime in the next 2 weeks, BTC falls to 8000, and then recovers to 10000 and hovers there for a while. . . . then slowly declines for a while yet.

I think that ADA will also go down somewhat along the BTC but will do better than BTC because I think that people are getting out of BTC and shifting over to ADA. My guess is that within the next 6 months we will see some more attractive buying opportunities for ADA > as I said before, even as low as 10 - 15p.

But don’t anyone here be foolish enough to believe me because yes, I am a total noob, and really have no idea what I’m talking about >>>>> just my intuition, that’s all.

I may be totally wrong, but what I see is a lot of people heavily invested in crypto who are doing everything possible to avoid accepting the fact that this bubble can tragically burst at any moment — all of these traders who are now so trained by this predictable ascending market… “buy after a drop - sell after a spike”. . . . one day soon that “drop” might just not come back up for a LONG time [probably never for many coins], and a whole lotta dudes might lose a whole lotta money. . .

…just my intuition - so don’t believe me. Just as likely that I’m wrong than right. So make up your own minds. :slight_smile:

My intuition also tells me that ADA will do fine in the long run so I wouldn’t worry about holding a lot of it.

WOW! I just woke up and looked at the charts and BTC is majorly dropping again and ADA is majorly spiking UPWARDS. I must say that this is VERY positive for ADA - it is the first clear sign that ADA and BTC are separating!!! Clearly people are shifting BTC in ADA!

Coins i keep for long term
Ada
Ripple
Stellar
Any more suggestions??

ETC. Could be very interesting as the first coin to integrate into Daedalus with Ada.

1 Like

I think we are seeing the flippening, just happening with ADA ( and mybe Ripple and XRB) not etherium.

reckon ETC will fall a lot more before it starts rising.

No idea. When I look at a currency I only consider the technology because I consider the long term. Trying to understand the human aspect and psychology seems impossible for me - and these parameters make a huge difference to short term price

Ada (and the other two ) are going to take the lime light for a good while first me thinks. ETC will become the silver to ada but first ADA will become the gold and that means lots more price differential.

The day before ADA can change into ETC in the cardono wallet will be the day to buy a bit I would imagine.

Could be wrong though.

1 Like

Bitcoin might be heading to the tsx word on the street s s s

Looks like everything has gone seriously Bear.