Possible to recover without recovery phrase or secret.key?

Hi There!

On September 13, 2021, I sent two transactions, 2,349.653672 ADA and 1.180021 ADA at 9/13/2021 8:56 AM and 9/13/2021 8:55 AM respectively

to addresses:
addr1qxn243tyze8dmyn8n0j8var2dh5j8gvumv66p7dunjy7lrkk9w46llmjh9ggkj6jwapzvj3p6u2kruqy0jem5d56mf7sw7a7x2

addr1qxn243tyze8dmyn8n0j8var2dh5j8gvumv66p7dunjy7lrkk9w46llmjh9ggkj6jwapzvj3p6u2kruqy0jem5d56mf7sw7a7x2

I’m fairly certain this was sent to a Daedalus Wallet that was on my computer before the SSD died and promptly threw away. I DID however have an ‘AppData/Roaming/Daedalus Mainnet’ backup on another drive. Of which, over time I deleted to save space. Ugh

As I was trying to figure out where I sent this ADA too. I remembered this old ‘AppData/Roaming/Daedalus Mainnet’ backup on another drive and used EaseUS Data Recovery to retrieve the folder. However there isn’t a secret.key or anything for me to import. Inside the wallet folder are some encrypted .sqllite files though! And I have several logs including a Daedalus.json
Below are screenshots. I’m pretty sure I can’t get my ADA back at this point. But posting here in case of a Christmas miracle…
Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Hi,

I think its not possible to recover the wallet
Did u try to use daedalus import option and state director?

Hi Alex,

No luck. I’m missing the secrets folder.
Dang I wish I hadn’t thrown away that bad drive. I wonder if I could have recovered it.

Thank you for the help!

But where is the seed words?

Hey Alex. That’s the frustrating part. I don’t seem to have the seed words written down anywhere. I have slightly positive news. I found the old SSD that died. It wasn’t thrown away!!! So I’m trying to retrieve the data off of it. So far it’s 39GB of in that AppData/Roaming/Daedalus Mainnet folder without the Secret key or folder. :crossed_fingers: Its able to recover the missing bit and its not corrupted.

1 Like

Awesome, hope u will get ur ADA out to a new wallet