Problem connecting Ledger nano X to Yoroi

Right, choose connnect to hw wallet

I remember people having problems, when they tried to sign after switching hardware wallets, because they continued to use the same wallet in Yoroi, not deleting the old one and doing a new “connect to hardware wallet”.

That could and would work in a lot of wallet apps, because a new hardware wallet (irrespective if it is S or X) behaves exactly the same, when initialised with the same seed phrase, but it did not with Yoroi (and maybe others), because they also remember the device ID of the concrete hardware device, which is not only different between S and X, but also between different Ss and Xs.

If you do a new “connect to hardware wallet” (after deleting the old connection from Yoroi) that problem would not arise at all.

In general, the experience has been that it is very worthwhile to try other wallet apps – Eternl, Typhon, Nufi, …. Personally I would not go back from Eternl to Yoroi, at the moment. Might change if they dramatically improve Yoroi in the future.

Also, if you stake, I would not use Ledger Live, until they support it. It cannot destroy anything, but it’s just too confusing that they don’t show rewards at all, for example.

Thank you for your feedback, I know gave a lot of advice to others on the forum. Thank you so much

Thank you for your advice

Just to confirm, after I deleted the old Yoroi wallet by using “Remove wallet” option, Yoroi will forget the device ID of Ledger Nano S

When I reconnect with Ledger Nao X with Yoroi wallet, it will recognize it is a different device hence there won’t be any issues anymore

Thank you so much

1 Like

Yep, exactly that. (Provided that you have set up your Nano X with the same seed phrase as the Nano S.)

1 Like

Yes, I did. I paired my Ledger Nano S with Ledger Nano X just for when I encounter cases like this

Thank you for your help, I know you gave many good advices to many community members on the forum