Questions About Stake Pool Maximum Metadata Size + ADAPools.org & Daedalus Update Timeframe

Hey everyone,

I had a few questions about stake pool Metadata and ADAPools.org. My pool’s ticker is “MBX” for reference and here is my github repository. I changed my pool’s metadata.json over 24 hours ago and resubmitted the pool cert. Everything checks out on pool.vet. I didn’t change the pool title or ticker, just the description. A few questions:

• Why is my pool now not showing up at all in Daedalus? How long does this typically take to update?
  • What is the maximum size or character limit for the ADAPools.org description? This page says 64 bytes for metadata, 1024 bytes for extended (both of which my .json file’s meets). Is this any different for the ADAPools.org site? I have had difficulty in the past with this information not updating for weeks at a time.
  • How do I properly insert a hyperlink into my metadata description? Some pools have links in their ADApools.org description box and it looks really nice.
  • Lastly, is it advisable to keep changes to your metadata to a minimum, in order to avoid these kinds of bugs and delays?

Thanks!

Hi,

• Why is my pool now not showing up at all in Daedalus? How long does this typically take to update?

check this topic

• What is the maximum size or character limit for the ADAPools.org description? This page says 64 bytes for metadata, 1024 bytes for extended (both of which my .json file’s meets). Is this any different for the ADAPools.org site? I have had difficulty in the past

The source information is correct, the issues u had can be related with metadata hash mismatch (local metadata with online metadata file)

• How do I properly insert a hyperlink into my metadata description? Some pools have links in their ADApools.org description box and it looks really nice

:thinking: can u share an example?

• Lastly, is it advisable to keep changes to your metadata to a minimum, in order to avoid these kinds of bugs and delays?

there is no limitations

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks Alex!

TITAN is an example of a stake pool with a hyperlink in their metadata.json.

Example:

hmmm, interesting

here is the metadata

1 Like

Yes I saw that metadata…I wonder if that works for all links or just for telegram. I’ll test it out and update this thread with my results :+1:

Of course should work for all links

:beers:

1 Like

Daedalus fixed itself upon another meta resubmission and you are correct, all links automatically hyperlink themselves in metatag description. Super cool!

1 Like