Re: Which file to open Daedalus "cardano-launcher.exe" or "cardano-wallet-byron.exe'

When I try to open my Daedalus Wallet using “C:\Program Files\Daedalus Mainnet\cardano-launcher.exe” it keeps crashing

Whenever I try to open my Daedalus Wallet, it keeps giving “Cardano node crashed” message and won’t open the wallet

I noticed there are 2 .exe files related to cardano wallet
“C:\Program Files\Daedalus Mainnet\cardano-launcher.exe”
And
"C:\Program Files\Daedalus Mainnet\cardano-wallet-byron.exe’

Have I been using the wrong .exe file to open my Daedalus Wallet since the upgrade?

Thank you

No, cardano-launcher.exe is correct. You could try some of the things suggested here, or you could wait and see whether the next version, due very soon, behaves better.

1 Like

Thank you so much

Glad to hear I am using the right file
I think I will wait for the next release, when I use this version, Cardano node keeps crashing

Is staking abilities built into the current version or be build in the next version of Daedalus Wallet

Thanks

Do you have any idea about when they will release the next version of Daedalus?

Thanks

Any day now, I believe.

Thanks, that is good to know

Do you if it will feature staking abilities?

Thanks, have a good week

I believe there will be a version that allows ITN reward checking first, then finally another for reward reclamation and staking, but for all I know these could be three different versions, or all rolled into one. I don’t keep such a close watch on things nowadays, others will know more on this, maybe one of them will chime in.

Thank you, I look forward to the next release

1 Like