Recovering ADA from old wallet, no seed but log in

Hi,

First, thanks in advance for your time even if there is no solution.

Facts:
•2 years ago I moved ADA to Daedalus wallet into a notebook from my exchange account.
•I lost my seed (smart, thx).
•Mainnet few days ago was launch.
•I did all the process to sync the Daedalus wallet using hard disk (not enough room in PC).
•Mainnet downloads everything and ask me for ¨restore wallet¨ or ¨create a new one¨ but it doesn’t detect any wallet logged into the PC.

I Guess:
•Because I didn’t sync wallet it doesn’t recognise it, but still hope.

When I try to sync the old wallet (not the Mainnet that is already working perfectly) it is stuck in ¨connecting to network¨.

¿Is the connection from old wallet is lost?

I have been working with a friend of mine on this for days and we can’t find the solution.

Once again, we appreciate your time,
Best regards

Don’t know the answer I’m afraid but you should certainly submit a support request.

1 Like

Thanks for your time @RobJF I will do it!

1 Like

There will be Import feature enabled in upcoming Daedalus releases that should allow you to restore funds from Wallet folders locally, so there’s hope. But I would advise you to not take any drastic actions before.

Indeed, raise it with Zendesk as Rob suggested - but just ensure to not delete/move the original wallet folders at any time.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

It sounds like a great feature, I will have everything safe and wait.

Hello back,

Is there any new about this update?

Nope, still not, bkp your file and keep them safe till then; didn’t find the phrase ?

Honest thanks for the quick reply.

Is it any name for that proper update?
So I can keep it checking myself and not using other people´s time.

Its not my main wallet so still happy with the staking and work on that.
No, I didnt not. I have the bkp file safe so I will keep w8ing.

Once again, thx"

Hello,

When it will be available you should see the option import wallet “on” in daedalus, IOHK still working to add this feature; there is no date mentioned when it will be release

Cheers,

There isnt a published method yet, but if you’re technically inclined you can visit here to access it via backend. There isn’t an estimate about when the feature will be re-enabled, but it has a few combinations not completely ready yet afaik. Meanwhile - for folks who cant wait, there is the way as above - as long as they do have the spending password and secret.key from old Daedalus

1 Like

Hello back,

I can see an option in my Daedalus Wallet/Add wallet/Import

It seems like is available now.
Im still not sure between the 2 options (directory & secret file), which one should I use and where?

I appreciate your time

secret file if u have it