Report a YouTube fraud/ give away scam video

Got an email scam this morning for reporting fake giveaways on Youtube.

I’m reporting about 03 every Day on YouTube, where after i go to whois and look Up domane host. Write to website host that “they” are hosting a website used for scam. IT takes many hours per week, but i feel better when and if, i manage to dobble report lots og websites.

1 Like

I got scammed 2 days ago. Very odd behaviour from me I’m normally well clued up when it come to online scams. It must be sheer greed that pulled wool over my eyes.

Amyway I lost just over $8k worth more now.
As I thought I was watching a live feed from Charles from the official channel as it had over 14k viewers.

The address was: addr1q888cmrqjr83t2g3d0crl34ur9r9xlqqpj5jdnnn9779jl6nnxwux85x43pdxktg4jzj5dx5czxcayxtk80qrjnd9xgqdvr095

Im sure they are using a new wallet now but if you look (https://explorer.cardano.org/en) they made over a million dollars this is no joke.

I reported several time but they have live feeds popping up all the time. I just wish it didnt appear on my recommended page :frowning:

Anyway I though I’d post in case it helps anyone.

Imy

1 Like

Another scam posted on Youtube.
The address of who is taking the coin is:

Scam video is live on YouTube: [Link removed by @Zyroxa]

Here’s the scammer address
addr1q8rpppsh2qydtt8sagkdluscr0v98dpa49a5l7nt589e2vu4vatchqlzsqzjpcvjsauz5653sl8y2ygax8n3avwkc9qqhd07s7

1 Like

Here is another Scammer i guess:

[Link removed by @Zyroxa]

1 Like

Two scams video WARNING

Removing video links (just saw the policy):
Name of video WHY ADA CARDANO 100X IS COMING - Hooskinson Annouces HUGE News & ADA Prcice Prediction (if admin you want to obtain links please feel free to contact me any time)

And it seems there’s another youtube video scam playing right now… it has the exact same video name. but two dfiferent channels

The first video has currently more than 13k viewers…

PS: reported it to Youtube. I hope the’ll be reactive!

Hey, add me to the list of newbies that had their ADA scammed.

Yes, it’s my responsibility BUT how is YouTube allowing this? They made billions last year and take down a Flat-Earth or SNL skit within minutes, but SCAMS they allow for weeks because they “lack the resources”?

XRP has filed a Class-Action Lawsuit against them and Cardano need to as well.
People can’t fight corporations, only other corporations can.
A public lawsuit would get free press, pressure YouTube to do it’s JOB, and hopefully educate others.

This scam works because Charles and his vision are being exploited. That is what a lawsuit is protecting!

TO ALL USERS DO NOT SEND ADA TO THIS WEBSITE / ADDRESS.

**SCAM website ** (update: removed the link) here’s another image:

Need to report this ASAP

Doing what i can

Looking back again , The scam seems pretty obvious, but then there are also very trusting and naive parties out there - like my aged Dad for example. He lost 58,000 ADA to one of these scams and I accept full responsibility for my own mistake. He’s almost to 72 years old and not much of a technical person, but still believe that in a truly honest and open network, run by some of the smartest developers on the planet, there must be a way to at least blacklist and/or disable the offending accounts to prevent others from being victimized. Even legacy banks can close fraudulent accounts.

Searching through the dark web

I was able to find people specialized in crypto scams and these kind of scams

You can try to reach out to these guys -

Phoenix Souls

for non-dark web users

Look Phoenix souls up on bing, DuckDuckGo, Amazon, yahoo, google

Following weeks after doing Diligent research on how to get my money back ,
I realized these kind of scams are nothing new, the only way they differ from a traditional phishing scam, is in the format - a livestream on Youtube with stolen content from a creditable source. I understand that unsuspecting people actually fall for these “Give me your money, and I’ll give you more in return”. We’re talking about valuable assets. No doubt that the scams are horrible, which just confirms that cynical people with little to no moral exist, the lack of skepticism when faced with scams like these are are not far fetched .

With the crippling effect of COVID-19 on most economies

I wouldn’t blame people for always looking out for opportunities . The major effectiveness of these scams is trying to pressure you into making decisions within a limited time

Thinking in your head , “The giveaway might end while taking too much time to make a decision. I’d try my luck and hopefully I’d be lucky.”

But then You have to ask yourself on which incentive anyone would give away Ada for free.

Trying to blame this on IOHK, CH or Cardano Foundation is just pathetic, but seems like, for some, a way to project the responsibility for losing our hard earned funds.

Lesson learnt

Moving forward, you have to concern yourself with mining more ADA gaining more profits or searching for ways to retrieve your lost money

Which is mostly almost impossible if you have little knowledge of the dark web and all kind of services they offer on it .

1 Like

This scam is horrible.
I felt to it last week and lost my 2800 ADA… it look so “official”…my fault, should have double verified before trusting it. What piss me off is not much the monetary lost but the fact I lost my ability to vote. The worst is that all the week I have seen various of the same video just this morning there is 3 running at the same time for a total of ± 50k viewer this mean even if a small part get caught it will still be a significant amount of people who will loose trust in the project.!

I tagged them all as fraudulent content!
Appologize my english I natively speak french.

1 Like

Add me to the victims

There is this website that needs to be shut down :

And Youtube that promotes the scam, crazy…

Lost 3300ADA , a lot of money for me

Will never buy ADA anymore

Scam on YouTube going on right now. [Link removed by @Zyroxa]

1 Like

Attention, this video is now running live on youtube and it gives the impression that it is an official live from Charles Hoskinson but it is NOT.
Please tell to as many people as possible, I saw that he receives a lot of likes so everyone there thinks it’s official.

WHats the point to report if you delete everything

Im forwarding the links to the team which try to take the websites offline.

2 Likes

Look at the Youtube channel

There is a name (probably a nickname Vladimir Kulev), this channel has 409k suscribers

This would not happen if Cardano had an official channel and would communicate on it about the spam

I’m responsble of my loss and fortunately thats money I can afford to lose but some people will kill themselves losing much more they can afford.

Sorry but thats not true. They are using all their social media channels to warn. See here

Ada is good to buy, just don’t get scammed " anymore "