Report a YouTube fraud/ give away scam video

@alekosp altough @_ilap was a little caustic he’s undoutebly right.

Hoskinson isn’t a babysitter. Wierd times we are living!

cheers

4 Likes

There is a fallacy in your logic. I think is called strawman argument. .

Who talked about babysitting? I argue on a fact . They use his image to lure . From my ada noob angle looks like a prominent public figure probable charismatic of the cardano project.
So is it too much to ask for him to take a more active role to defend his image and guide better new user or be more carefull what video platform he uses to communicate?
I see in the report scam page that youtube cant hanldle the increasingly scam pages.

So should as a new ada user , admittedly proven dump and greedy , but also surely interested in the cardano project, be guided , being asked to give info in a scam subcomittee or task force or in addition to my big loss should i take part in an discussion as a propable attacker to the person?

Thank you for the new “fallacy”. They are so many ATM I can’t seem to steer away from all of them! Hail the political correct!

Not my beach unfortunately! And take in consideration I do like to maintain balance, altough it’s getting harder. Nevertheless it won’t stop me from making some observations.

The fact you aren’t taking in consideration is that Hoskinson has a lot more to do besides, again, babysitting every single one of the scammeds and scams in act and en route.

You know what Hoskinson is? He’s the CEO of a company. You know what that means? Not to mention that he’s not only another CEO. Of the like you seem to be used at least.

So, I’ll leave here something for you to think about; Q like.

Did you know that ignorance of the law won’t make you any less culprit?

I rest my case! Make a catalyst proposal to open w/e you deem necessary to counter-act on what’s happening. Let’s see what the community has to say about that.

cheers

I wish i also could rest my case. I was hoping to find support. Maybe i knocked the wrong door.

The essence of blockchain currency currently requires 100% personal responsibility. When it comes to crypto-currency, we are all now our own bank. Allow that to sink in. If you are the type of person easily susceptible to social engineering scams, have an honest look in the mirror and ask yourself: Can I manage my own finances competently and responsibly ?

Come up with an honest answer, and decide if managing your own crypto-wallet is for you, or if you should keep your money in a bank and allow them to manage your money for you.

Personal responsibility is paramount in crypto-currency. You made a decision, accept the consequence. I see scam warnings literally every time I log into Daedalus or in the Telegram chats. How much more protection can the Cardano protocol offer us from ourselves ?

6 Likes

Try to reach out to these guys https://www.coinfirm.com/products/reclaim-crypto/

1 Like

There are so many warnings against scams, really in every post/video on every forum. It’s a miracle you missed them all… Sorry for you that you lost your money

1 Like

hope its not a big amount??? but lesson learn iohk&charles never gives free ada next time pls dont do this anymore just buy and hold in your wallet.anyway sad to hear mate

Sorry for your lose, but you can’t blame cardano or CH for this.
Charles Hoskinson made a video 02/19/21 with the titele “Giveaway Scams”. He made it there quite clear that there never will be ADA for free.
Should he make everyday such a video, or what’s your idea of ‘more public warnings’? Quite ridiculous imo.

Educate yourself and use common sense.

2 Likes

But how are you going to recover your funds tracking them, If you by yourself transferred your ada to another account?.

So since when on history did you have to transfer your assets for a gift?. Would you give x dollars to the Nigerian prince to have more money back?, Why is this situation different?

Sorry for your lose. I hope that you’re gonna give up on the journey. You just paid a expensive lesson. Don’t give up
I know you’re angry. I lost haft of my fund in a hack in Ethereum, so I know how you feel. Charles did everything he could to warn people, I’ve been following Cardanoand Charles for a while. Twitter doesn’t give him the acknowledged sign in username. Being in crypto space is like the wild west in the 18th. Just take your time and process the anger. Be financial free is equal to learn everyday. Scammers are normally bots that are designed to target after specific criteria.

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear about that. My heart goes out to you, I know exactly which scam videos and websites you’re referring to and they do look really quite legitimate, so don’t beat yourself up. There’s a ton of posts I’ve seen about people doing exactly the same with their Ada, as it does make some sense that cardano might be doubling people’s Ada to incentivise interest in the project.

Unfortunately it’s so so easy for bad actors to rip an old livestream and throw up YouTube ads / fake websites that there’s nothing we can do as a community apart from trying to educate people, and petition YouTube to be more vigilant. It’s a shame, and I do hope you can some how trace your Ada and have it returned.

2 Likes

Your post here may just save one or two other people from doing the same thing so thanks for sharing.

This is lesson 101 stuff with crypto but people replying with somewhat harsh responses isn’t how I thought we were as a community, at least I hope not.

You have my sympathy but know it’s unlikely you’ll see your ADA again. Self-sovereignty has many benefits but does need some onboarding education to avoid irreversible mistakes.

Maybe there’s something there for Daedalus and Yoroi around the UX flow for beginners when they first install. I mean more than just a warning, but actual onboarding of what self-sovereignty means, why it’s so foundationally important, and what the pitfalls can be. Not checked recently if that’s in place.

3 Likes

You did not knock on the wrong door. Everyone who read your story feels badly. I can’t tell you how often the comment has been made that YouTube is good at blocking or taking down things that are important to them (U.S. election results, covid (mis)information) but it seems the scams are just not a priority. There are regular posts on twitter when we find a scam on YouTube, asking readers to go report it in order to have it taken down.

If I think about it, I would actually be more concerned if this transaction could be nullified or reversed by one person. That is antithetical to blockchain.

This is a good project with terrific people, both leading it and believing in it. Please stick around and join us. Post your wallet address and I’ll send back part of what you lost. Perhaps others will do the same.

People losing money to scam has to be stopped. I am not sure how your money can be recovered, but you can help stop this completely. There is a need to find scamming feeds, particularly on youtube, before the victims land in them. Crowdsourcing the continuous search and reporting can help. Can you please explain how you actually landed up on the site more deliberately?

• How did you came to know about the feed?
  • How did they convinced you to transfer the money?
  • Have you ever got any free ADA in the past?
  • Is there any telegram channel or user who claims that they had received free ADA distribution?
  • Do you know some ID that had claimed that he got free ADA.
    Please record these here. It will help in clarifying many things.

There is a story of decentralization and freedom in modern world that was started by cypherpunks and later supported by crypto communities and free-thinking people. It turned out that both targets still did not meet their expectations due to the great uncertainty of the entire cyberspace. We have come to a ridiculous situation where you cannot expect great help from the crypto or cyber community if you are deceived, but from centralized authorities, even if they are private or public. Thus, the whole thing is still failing on one of the basic ethical principles of freedom, and that is the ethics of justice.
So there is no freedom or decentralization without security and justice.
Dreams are dreams, but today, for ordinary users, the Internet looks more like the Wild West in the early days or Eldorado or a massive slaughterhouse than a decent place to work and have fun.

Cybercrime To Cost The World $10.5 Trillion Annually By 2025

We’ve all fell to scams at one point or the other.
Now some people think it is up to the whole community to pay for the mistakes of others. You have that system, all you have to do is go open a bank or paypal account.

1 Like

Why is this post flagged?

It’s useful advice for anyone who thinks they should be shielded from mistakes made through their own greed and gullibility.

3 Likes

LoveAda, I’m with you !! Hade some ADA on margin on Kraken using ETH as backup when ETH dropped almost in half in a second this Feb.! Kraken sold over 4000 of my ADA for .68 even tho the price only dropped to .72 !! 40% loss in less than a minute !! Took my lumps but it should not have happened that way !! GLA

It’s flagged because the poster should not be rude in the response. Content can be useful but still needs to be presented respectably. Mentions like “snowflake” can be omitted without losing any of the original message’s value.

1 Like