Retiring a pool, "cat balance.out" isn't returning anything. Don't know how to proceed

Following the Coin Cashew guide to retire a pool and when I run this command, I don’t get any output. Not sure what I should check…

tail -n +3 fullUtxo.out | sort -k3 -nr > balance.out
cat balance.out

You should probably check if you have ADA in the wallet. There should be a payment.addr file where the wallet address should be, check if the address has ADA in it using a blockchain explorer.

As far as I can tell, the wallet has ADA in it. Although if I look at the block explorer, it shows a zero balance. But Daedalus shows a proper balance.

Are you sure it is the same wallet you are looking at? Usually you cannot import the stake pool wallet in Daedalus or another wallet, because all the stake pools tutorials teach you to create a single address from cli, and you cannot import that into a wallet.

Coincashew actually has an explanation how to do it with a seed phrase wallet: https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node/part-iii-operation/setting-up-payment-and-stake-keys
(That they use cardano-wallet and not cardano-address for that is kind of on brand in my opinion, make it so complicated that users of the guide will keep copy-pasting without understanding forever.)

But, yes, in this case it definitely sounds like the wallet in Daedalus is not the wallet used on CLI.